Favorite video game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played video games a lot through high school, only a few after that. Now I play chess online; that's about it.

Strategy: Master of Orion (original); Civilization I, II, III; X-COM: UFO Defense (which they just rebooted and seriously tempts me to get a gaming machine); Command & Conquer series (Red Alert!)

Fighting: Killer Instinct Gold; Super Smash brothers

Shooting: Counter-Strike; MechWarrior series; Goldeneye 007 (N64)

RPG: Final Fantasy series; Kingdom Hearts 1 + 2; Fallout; Betrayal at Krondor

Adventure: Myst series; some of the Mario series; Zelda series (haven't played the newer ones, though)

The Original Medieval Total War did it for me,never was into video games in my youth
besides my brothers would hog the Comm 64 & Nintendo consoles. mtw has great
strategy game play were you could conquer europe with little ole Denmark,then
there was Russia in the high period were you had 27 or so turns to organize your
defence before the Golden Horde arrived,the battles were on a spectacular scale
& were played at a good pace unlike the latter releases like Rome or mtw II ,did
I mention the cheat codes u could give yourself 1,000,000 Florins or play as the
rebels, did I also mention that you could ....

Command and Conquer (second last iteration), Homeworld, Independence War.

I-War with it's Newtonian physics and joystick control of the ship has to be one of the best games ever (I almost want to keep a PC on Windows 95 to keep playing it). Homeworld is an all time classic but dated.

Unfortunately gaming is addictive - I caught myself playing 8 hour straight at one point and that set alarm bells off! Now if I had been doing Bible study for eight hours...

I have only played two games to the end. One was called Sanitarium. The other was the original Myst game. A few years ago I put Half Life 2 on my computer one afternoon. I knew I was in trouble when I looked up and saw my son getting ready for school. I didn't even notice the sun had come up. Took it off the computer and haven't played a game since. LOL.

Half life 2 is such a great game.

I have a PC that's not really meant to play games, but I do have Minecraft, Urban Terror (if you know what this is, kudos to you), and Battlefield Bad Company 2. As far as single player games go, I've just finished up Portal and Portal 2, which were pretty entertaining. And I just found my old copy of Battlefield 1942, which was made a few moons ago. :D

I have a PC that's not really meant to play games, but I do have Minecraft, Urban Terror (if you know what this is, kudos to you), and Battlefield Bad Company 2. As far as single player games go, I've just finished up Portal and Portal 2, which were pretty entertaining. And I just found my old copy of Battlefield 1942, which was made a few moons ago. :D

Do you play on a server for minecraft? I play MC too. I also LOVE portal and portal 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back