Fewer doctors willing to abort- guess which religious group is most willing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarieP

Puritan Board Senior
Fewer Doctors Willing to Do Abortions, New Study Shows | LifeNews.com

I find it highly ironic that the Jews are the most likely willing to perform abortions. You would think that they would remember what happened to them about 70 years ago. But, then again, it's in their nature (as well as in human nature) to forget their history.

It shows how far as a whole they've gone since rejecting the Messiah. Which is another interesting thing- if they truly cared anymore about a Messiah, they wouldn't be willing to kill any of these children. But in my conversation with Jewish people, they haven't really been looking for a Savior. Especially not a crucified One.

Praise God for the ones who have embraced Jesus! Praying for more!

Not a surprise to me - that was a not uncommon form of contraception in that group when I was in school. It was explained to me that they did not consider the baby a person with a soul until it drew breath.

Are there even any practicing Jews anymore? I know lots of people who claim the Jewish ethnicty but not a single one who claims the religion.

Andrew, it may depend on where you live. Louisville has a large, active Jewish community (including Grace's primary NICU doctors, who went to synagogue with the family next to us, as well as performed the bris for their son before they left the NICU). I don't see many Orthodox Jews here, though.

Andrew, it may depend on where you live. Louisville has a large, active Jewish community (including Grace's primary NICU doctors, who went to synagogue with the family next to us, as well as performed the bris for their son before they left the NICU). I don't see many Orthodox Jews here, though.

Good point. In Abilene and the surrounding areas, there seems to be absolutely no Jewish population. Obviously I don't know everyone, but I know that there isn't a synagogue for at least a 100 miles, maybe more.

Are there even any practicing Jews anymore?

A lot more common up north. Look for lids on the men. (They used to call them yarmulkes but I think they are called kippa, kipa, kippah or kippot (whichever you use, they'll use another just to try to put you on the defensive) now.)

Either a large Orthodox Jewish (Hasidic) community or a popular tourist location for Orthodox Jews is in the lakes region of New Hampshire up to the White Mountains (probably tourism).

But I believe even they believe and have some scriptural basis of some sort (I do not agree) for abortion, from my knowledge the Clintons support abortion because their Pastor used some verse about heartbeats or something.

Last edited:
yeah...I think I derailed the thread and for that Marie, I sincerely apologize. Perhaps we could discuss Marie's topic/questions rather than everyone stating where Jewish people can or cannot be found.

Good point. In Abilene and the surrounding areas, there seems to be absolutely no Jewish population. Obviously I don't know everyone, but I know that there isn't a synagogue for at least a 100 miles, maybe more.

Andrew,

West TX may be different. In the Southeast, as far as I can tell, there has been a visible Jewish community for going on 200 years.* This often includes many prominent members of the community. Such communities may be more or less prominent depending on where one is. But in most medium sized cities (say, around 50,000) not to mention larger ones, you're likely to find at least one synagogue. Most often it is a Reform synagogue (liberal) but you'll find some Conservative synagogues as well. I think my hometown has one of each.

As some others have posted, Orthodox Judaism will be much less common, but I don't know how prevalent Orthodox Judaism is in North America outside of NYC and maybe some other very large metropolitan areas. Some cities will have a prominent community, as some will have prominent communities of certain immigrant communities where they are pretty much unknown elsewhere.

*I recently read an article or portion of a book on Google Books in which it was explained that Jews were often more welcome in the South than in parts of the Northeast and maybe other parts of the country where they were more likely to encounter overt anti-Semitism.

Both our State Senators are Jewish. Probably 10 percent of my clients are Jews, but only one Jew out of a hundred is super serious about his religion.

Jewish thought about abortion is complex. In the Old Testament when Judah heard Tamar was three months pregnant he ordered her to be burnt, and I've never read a Jewish commentary that criticized that decision (nor many Reformed). The idea that God always creates a soul at the nanosecond of conception is a modern Catholic idea, as far as I know. Also, there was no test for women executed for adultery. No one cared of they were pregnant or not.

But in any event, 99 percent of Jewish doctors are ethnic Jews, and usually pretty agnostic. I doubt there is much difference between agnostic ethnic Jews and agnostic ethnic Europeans when it comes to abortion. I think the main reason Jews are over represented in preforming abortions is that they are over represented in the medical field, and that has to do with the value they place on education, high paying jobs etc... rather than anything else.

Both our State Senators are Jewish. Probably 10 percent of my clients are Jews, but only one Jew out of a hundred is super serious about his religion.

Jewish thought about abortion is complex. In the Old Testament when Judah heard Tamar was three months pregnant he ordered her to be burnt, and I've never read a Jewish commentary that criticized that decision (nor many Reformed). The idea that God always creates a soul at the nanosecond of conception is a modern Catholic idea, as far as I know. Also, there was no test for women executed for adultery. No one cared of they were pregnant or not.

But in any event, 99 percent of Jewish doctors are ethnic Jews, and usually pretty agnostic. I doubt there is much difference between agnostic ethnic Jews and agnostic ethnic Europeans when it comes to abortion. I think the main reason Jews are over represented in preforming abortions is that they are over represented in the medical field, and that has to do with the value they place on education, high paying jobs etc... rather than anything else.

With regard to the gap in this survey, I was somewhat surprised as well. I have a hard time believing for example that the vast majority of mainline Protestants, those claiming "no religion" etc. are opposed to abortion on principle, especially when it comes to cases of rape and incest. As the article notes, they were not asked if they would refer patients requesting abortion to abortion providers. Also, what about prescribing the "morning after" pill or RU-486?

But the news that more and more doctors are not willing to perform abortions is good news indeed.

yeah...I think I derailed the thread and for that Marie, I sincerely apologize. Perhaps we could discuss Marie's topic/questions rather than everyone stating where Jewish people can or cannot be found.

No big deal- though it was funny, I was thinking, "Wow, it got a little derailed" exactly right before reading your post!!

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

My buddy Guy Camara just finished shooting a movie to outreach to the Jewish Community. Pray for the finishing of this movie. May God draw men unto himself.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sound-of-The-Spirit-Movie/170426723002580?sk=wall

sospage

I was wondering how that was going!!

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

I think the main reason Jews are over represented in preforming abortions is that they are over represented in the medical field, and that has to do with the value they place on education, high paying jobs etc... rather than anything else.

I once talked to a Kabbalistic Jew who claimed that all the OT prophecies were fulfilled in Jews dominating the fields of medicine, science, law, and entertainment. Seriously...

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

but the news that more and more doctors are not willing to perform abortions is good news indeed.

:amen:

It does not suprise me the Jews are willing to perform abortions many are Jews by culture and raised in the family enviroment but they have become secular. Also I would think Orthodox Jews would forbid abortion but in actuality will do it in extreme cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back