Finding Neverland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig

Puritan Board Senior
This is a wonderful movie!

My wife and I took my younger brother to see this on Saturday. I was pleasantly surprised. Any movie that can make you laugh and cry is written quite well.

With the exception of imagination being one's "true" consolation in death, I thought it was excellent.

Kids try growing up too soon...in the end, they're not going to mature properly. It was interesting watching Peter vs one of his elder brothers. Peter was "growing up" too fast, becoming bitter and angry. His older brother, who enjoyed his childhood, matured from boyhood to manhood: and it was a good thing. Depp's character (Sir James Matthew Barrie) was all about preserving childhood, but not preventing adulthood. When this youth became a young man, it was a wonderful thing, and acknowledged as such.

I recommend this movie! Lots of imagination...very moving. You can rent it and save :2cents:

I don't know how truthful the movie is with the events...but the Peter Pan story is far more touching with the background the movie gives.

This movie is worth renting if not buying.

A delightful film, indeed. Johnny Depp is excellent, as always. I loved the soundtrack by Jan Kaczmarek, also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back