Finished a Major Reading Project Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookslover

Puritan Board Doctor
This morning (10/31), I finished reading Spurgeon's Expository Encyclopedia, a 15-volume set of Spurgeon's sermons published many times, over the years, by Baker. 610 sermons from 57 books of the Bible, for a total of 7,324 pages of text. I started on March 1, 2008. So, at 1 sermon per day, it took me 19 months to get it done.

Tomorrow, I start on another Baker set of sermons, Spurgeon's Sermons. This is a set of sermons from his earliest years, in 10 volumes.

I'll tell you one thing: Spurgeon is never boring! I've been blessed again and again by reading him.

For a dead guy, he's done OK...:D

This morning (10/31), I finished reading Spurgeon's Expository Encyclopedia, a 15-volume set of Spurgeon's sermons published many times, over the years, by Baker. 610 sermons from 57 books of the Bible, for a total of 7,324 pages of text. I started on March 1, 2008. So, at 1 sermon per day, it took me 19 months to get it done.

Tomorrow, I start on another Baker set of sermons, Spurgeon's Sermons. This is a set of sermons from his earliest years, in 10 volumes.

I'll tell you one thing: Spurgeon is never boring! I've been blessed again and again by reading him.

For a dead guy, he's done OK...:D

they don't call you bookslover for nothin'! Good job on the reading!

Congratulations!!!

I love Spurgeon too! I'm going through the Treasury of David right now, and I've been extremely blessed!

Wow!

This must have been you during every spare minute....

book2.gif

Congratulations! My wife and I have the complete collection of Spurgeon's sermons and love them. As much as I love Calvin, to this day I simply can't find anyone who offers a better sermon in writing than CHS. He has been a real blessing to us as we continue to read his sermons (although not as rabidly as you).

Ron

The only thing I don't like about Spurgeon is that he died before I could share some stogies and conversations with him.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back