Firebrand Preacher MP3's

Status
Not open for further replies.

tellville

Puritan Board Junior
I'm looking for MP3's of sermons that are preached by very loud, passionate, and convicting preachers. Basically, your standard firebrand preacher! Can anybody point me to any mp3's of such preachers?

Remember we have a Podcast links section...

If you like a guy's stuff stick it there so ideas aren't lost.

If I ever get to exhort again then I'll be sure to record it for you. My wife tells me that I can sound pretty scary sometimes.

I'd love to hear you preach Rich ;) You could tell this corporal a thing or two!

Thanks everybody for your suggestions. I listened to Al Martins sermon on Jesus being the Only Way (WOW!) and Paul Washer's really controversial message which was also WOW!

That's exactly the type of stuff I was looking for. If anybody else has any suggestions, please point me to them!

I've recommended Rolfe Barnard before. I have all of his sermons. If you never heard him then start with this one. The God of The Bible Kills People. Don't hold back brother Rolfe, tell it how it is.

I've recommended Rolfe Barnard before. I have all of his sermons. If you never heard him then start with this one. The God of The Bible Kills People. Don't hold back brother Rolfe, tell it how it is.

Brother Rolfe was a good one as well. They ran him off from Piedmont because of his Calvinism. He was one of the founder of the Sovereign grace baptists over in Kentucky.

I'm looking for MP3's of sermons that are preached by very loud, passionate, and convicting preachers. Basically, your standard firebrand preacher! Can anybody point me to any mp3's of such preachers?

Henry Mahan is good. Was listening to her semon the other day, "The Only Gospel That Glorifies God" but cringed when he started attacking Covenantal theology. Was really getiing into it up untill that he got to that part of his message. Oh well. http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?currSection=sermonsspeaker&sermonID=51306175458

Paul Washer is a personal favorite - even my 9 year old liked his "Message to Youth". He is so convincting and even though they average about an hour each, you never get distracted. During one of his sermons, he talks about Christians not having 'secular' moments - ever. It's not practical, but it sure is biblical, and it bothers the heck out of me on a daily basis.

I like how during Al Martin's sermons, you can actually hear him thumping the pulpit, loud and clear. :)

There is a place for firebrand preaching, but it loses its impact when it becomes normative for a preacher. Washer's message (the one that got all the publicity) was a perfect example of a firebrand message that was needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back