Firefox Crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

D. Paul

Puritan Board Sophomore
Anyone else having Firefox crash after resuming from screen saver mode? Since the latest upgrade to 3.0.12 this is happening regularly. Prior to that upgrade, never.

Yes, I am having this problem as well. After the crash, a message screen indicated it would send a crash report to Firefox so that a message would be sent to my email address. Zippo messages thus far.

The latest version is 3.5.1 on Windows too. No problems to report.
You're behind.

I've had better luck with stability on Opera than on Firefox. I had been a Firefox fanboy for years, but Opera has been great.

:2cents:

Same issue here. Having to refresh almost every page. Just updated 3 days ago and have been using IE which I had not used in some time.

I do not even get any messages for a fix or anything.

Anyone else having Firefox crash after resuming from screen saver mode? Since the latest upgrade to 3.0.12 this is happening regularly. Prior to that upgrade, never.

I got locked out of PB and couldn't get back in. As per ADMIN I switched to IE (reluctantly) and can log in now.

-----Added 7/28/2009 at 11:36:40 EST-----

I got locked out of PB and couldn't get back in. As per ADMIN I switched to IE (reluctantly) and can log in now.

-----Added 7/28/2009 at 11:40:46 EST-----

You're behind.

I just updated to 3.5.1 and it works! Thanks for the tip!

The latest version of FF works well for me. My only complaint is that it is having problems loading pages quickly. It gets nearly completed but then stalls with messages in the progress bar that it is parsing other services on the web page, such as google analytics, etc. I have started to use Chrome for browsing discussion forums as it loads them rapidly.

AMR

I haven't had any problems yet, since I upgraded. I use to have a myraid of problems with FF. I even DLed Opera and Chrome and used them for some time. After the 3.5 upgrade though, no going back for me. The add-ons are what get me!

You're behind.

Since FF is set for auto-update, how can this be? I get the "Congratulations, you are now using the latest version..." page and everything.

So I just this minute checked for updates...VOILA! 3.5.1. Excuse me while I "get with it".:doh:

I quit using FF several months ago, because I was having problems getting on to the PB.

The only problem I have had is it never remembers my pages. I get the "Well, this is embarrassing." page

There is also a Safe Mode, though I haven't tried it. I believe it runs FF as bare-bones without extensions or add-ons.

Start > Programs > Mozilla Firefox > Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back