First 100% Online Master's Degree from a SBC Seminary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan

Pastor
[FONT=Calibri,BoldItalic][FONT=Calibri,BoldItalic]
Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary is now offering the first 100% online Master's degree, that Master of Arts in Theological Studies. All the courses are transferable to the seminary's M.Div. program.

The times they are a-changin'.

http://www.mbts.edu/academics/distance_learning/online_courses

As to accrediation:

Is the program accredited?
[/FONT]Yes, The MATS is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, the same agency that approves schools such as The University of Minnesota, Kansas State, Southwest Baptist and Wheaton College

That was kinda a rhetorical "are you joking" lol

But yes, I really hope this shows that Christian education is taking a turn

That was kinda a rhetorical "are you joking" lol

But yes, I really hope this shows that Christian education is taking a turn

Not sure what you mean by "taking a turn". MBTS is a decent school, but hardly reformed, but then again one cannot really say any of the seminaries affiliated with the SBC are reformed. I think it's interesting that more and more degrees are becoming available via distance education. I see the pitfalls, but overall I think it's a good sign.

Some schools are offering live-streaming classes that allow students to ask questions of the professor on the spot. As this technology develops I can see a day when a person can receive many fully accredited degrees for many different disciplines and it will be fully accepted by all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back