First Ever Pride month ruined by 40 days of rain

Status
Not open for further replies.
:amen:Fair dinkum. I asked a question on twitter to a group of LGBT members celebrating this new pride month. 'I disagree with homosexuality. Does that make me a homophobe?' So far, I've had about ten responses saying yes.
So by that definition, everyone who disagrees with homosexuality has a strong prejudice or fear against them...

Fair dinkum
Hayden, most people outside Australia and New Zealand would not know what this means. We can put it this way: in New Zealand we speak the Queens English. In Australia you speak 'Stralian and English is your second language. Correct? :p

Hayden, most people outside Australia and New Zealand would not know what this means. We can put it this way: in New Zealand we speak the Queens English. In Australia you speak 'Stralian and English is your second language. Correct? :p
But the Queen doesn't eat 'fush and chops'! Leave the Queen's English to those posh British folks :p

So by that definition, everyone who disagrees with homosexuality has a strong prejudice or fear against them...

I hope we all are in the strongest possible disagreement with homosexuality. I prefer the Biblical word 'sodomy,' and I never use the word 'gay.' Calling the sin 'sodomy' reminds the hearer of at least three things. The Bible, the filthiness of the act, and the judgment God brings against those who practice it. In the history of the world, acceptance of sodomy was a climax sin. When It comes into wide public acceptance it is one sign God is about the end a culture's very existence. (See Romans 1:18-32; note particularly the final verse 32)

Romans 1:32​
who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death,​
not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.​

Remember when then-President Obama had rainbow lights illuminating the Whitehouse?
wh.png

Remember Governor Cuomo's lighting the World Trade Center (and the Governor Mario M. Cuomo Bridge, the Kosciuszko Bridge, and the Alfred E. Smith Building in Albany) in pink to celebrate the passage of the so-called "Reproductive Health Act?" This was done on Jan. 22, 2019 (on the anniversary of Roe v. decision)--one year before the pandemic began.
spire.png

Psalm 94:20-21​
Can wicked rulers be allied with you, those who frame injustice by statute?​
They band together against the life of the righteous and condemn the innocent to death.​

I hope we all are in the strongest possible disagreement with homosexuality. I prefer the Biblical word 'sodomy,' and I never use the word 'gay.' Calling the sin 'sodomy' reminds the hearer of at least three things. The Bible, the filthiness of the act, and the judgment God brings against those who practice it. In the history of the world, acceptance of sodomy was a climax sin. When It comes into wide public acceptance it is one sign God is about the end a culture's very existence. (See Romans 1:18-32; note particularly the final verse 32)

who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death,​

They band together against the life of the righteous and condemn the innocent to death​
The state of this country (and many others) is very sad indeed, Ed. All I can do is pray and confess to the Lord that we have turned from him. If it had not been by his saving hand, I would have been one of the promoters of the Satanic propaganda of homosexual rights. But as Hayden points out, that is not good enough for them. They won't allow differing opinions. Something that is *objectively* morally wrong they want to make objectively morally right subjectively; but there is no objective basis for it.

And there is absolutely no reason why there will not be a "snowball" effect coming from the homosexual movement. I was talking with a couple from church the other day. I said I'm sure this will sound completely absurd right now, but just as if you would have said 70 years ago that sodomy would be considered a good and wholesome thing in society the people living then would have thought you had utterly lost your mind, there is absolutely no reason to think (and actually much reason to conclude) that some 50 years down the road such "rights" will be given to pedophiles and acts of bestiality.

Connecting these things would sound to just about almost everyone out there that you have utterly gone off your rocker. I'm convinced that this will be in the future, because--there is no morally subjective reason pedophiles and those engaging in bestiality would not be in time welcomed as part of a morally upright society just as homosexuals were considered mentally ill and a danger to society back some hundred years ago. Subjectively, one can come to an understanding that there is no "harm" being done as long as the two parties consent (in the pedophile case; the animal case one can say it doesn't have the mental capacity to be egregiously "harmed" by the act--as long as the "partner" treats it well!). Absolutely absurd. Yet it is coming in time.

There can be nothing more clear than how it is a demonic influence. The hate of these people enslaved to this sin is so painfully obvious (many of them; there are some whom God is still working in their hearts, even if it is just not to excessively give them over to Satan in every way). There are a few of these people at work, one that I know of and occasionally interact with (not directly at work with me but in another department). I'm trying to be prepared for the day if I have to speak up about how I do not support these acts and believe they are wrong. So far, no one has ever asked me and I have not been asked by my work to openly affirm their rights. Yet I can see this happening.

We just need to be prepared to stand firm in the word, the morally objective truth. Even if that means that we will have to lose our comforts, perhaps our jobs. It does not seem very far off that speaking against homosexuals, as it affirms in God's word that it is a sin and an abomination, will be considered hate speech and a punishable crime. We must be prepared to speak the truth of God's word, not what man considers true, despite whatever punishment may be brought upon us by society. Church leaders should be preparing their flock for this in the near future. More than ever us brothers and sisters in Jesus need to be steeped in the word, in prayer and in fellowship. The attacks from the Satanic forces of the world will be more fierce than ever.

Remember when then-President Obama had rainbow lights illuminating the Whitehouse?
View attachment 8074

Remember Governor Cuomo's lighting the World Trade Center (and the Governor Mario M. Cuomo Bridge, the Kosciuszko Bridge, and the Alfred E. Smith Building in Albany) in pink to celebrate the passage of the so-called "Reproductive Health Act?" This was done on Jan. 22, 2019 (on the anniversary of Roe v. decision)--one year before the pandemic began.
View attachment 8075

They band together against the life of the righteous and condemn the innocent to death.​

There's some invaluable insights here, Ed!

Would you use the term sodomy/sodomite openly in public to describe a homosexual; for example, to an unbelieving friend?

Would you use the term sodomy/sodomite openly in public to describe a homosexual; for example, to an unbelieving friend?

I often use the word sodomy, primarily to believers, to shock them away from the term 'gay.' Sometimes, I use it with unbelievers. Still, just as often, I use the relatively neutral term of 'homosexual.'

I never joke about the sin or laugh at other people's jokes. Please understand, though, that I am very sympathetic toward presenting the gospel to everyone. I have a close relative who is a homosexual, and we are friends and often discuss the gospel. We discuss other things as well. Often I think he is not far from the kingdom of God.

I do still try to build bridges though I speak thus.

I often use the word sodomy, primarily to believers, to shock them away from the term 'gay.' Sometimes, I use it with unbelievers. Still, just as often, I use the relatively neutral term of 'homosexual.'

I never joke about the sin or laugh at other people's jokes. Please understand, though, that I am very sympathetic toward presenting the gospel to everyone. I have a close relative who is a homosexual, and we are friends and often discuss the gospel. We discuss other things as well. Often I think he is not far from the kingdom of God.

I do still try to build bridges though I speak thus.
I like this approach. I reckon sodomy is a term more Christians can use when referring to homosexuals. I will personally, thanks to your initiative, use this term more openly because of the biblical connotations of sodomy, which you wisely point out it your other post.

I reckon sodomy is a term more Christians can use when referring to homosexuals.
The Geneva Bible has a unique expression at 1 Cor 6:9-10:
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor wantons, nor buggerers, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor railers, nor extortioners shall inherit the kingdom of God.

I like this approach. I reckon sodomy is a term more Christians can use when referring to homosexuals. I will personally, thanks to your initiative, use this term more openly because of the biblical connotations of sodomy, which you wisely point out it your other post.
Ditto! It makes me wonder, though, if I can do this with transexuals in some way. How far does the range of "sodomy" go? Or, would scripture call a transexual something like a sodomizing crossdresser?

Ditto! It makes me wonder, though, if I can do this with transexuals in some way. How far does the range of "sodomy" go? Or, would scripture call a transexual something like a sodomizing crossdresser?
Noah Webster defined sodomy simply as “a crime against nature.” So it can arguably be used for transsexuals, as well.

Noah Webster defined sodomy simply as “a crime against nature.” So it can arguably be used for transsexuals, as well.
Sodom is used to describe repulsive sin in general. For example,
9 If the LORD of hosts had not left us a few survivors, we should have been like Sodom, and become like Gomorrah. 10 Hear the word of the LORD, you rulers of Sodom! Give ear to the teaching of our God, you people of Gomorrah! (Isaiah 1:9-10)
So we, once children of wrath, were also a part of that cursed city; though obviously not the specific sin of sexual immorality...

But I guess that's beside the point. Surely like Taylor said, any crime against nature

Sodom is used to describe repulsive sin in general.
You might be interested in this sermon extract by John MacArthur. I don't think he uses the word Sodomy but he speaks of its grim reality, and describes Homosexuality as a sexual lust gone mad.

Hayden, one of your countrymen moved to New Zealand not long after New Zealand legalised homosexuality in the 1980's, to pastor a church with the Reformed Churches of New Zealand. He told me that after he moved here some of his friends back in Australia asked him what he thought of New Zealand. They assumed he would comment on our way of life, climate, culture etc. He simply replied New Zealand is a nation under judgment. I initially thought that statement was rather brash, but on reflection acknowledge he is right. He is a good friend of mine, and his son is my pastor!

Sermon extract:

You might be interested in this sermon extract by John MacArthur. I don't think he uses the word Sodomy but he speaks of its grim reality, and describes Homosexuality as a sexual lust gone mad.

Hayden, one of your countrymen moved to New Zealand not long after New Zealand legalised homosexuality in the 1980's, to pastor a church with the Reformed Churches of New Zealand. He told me that after he moved here some of his friends back in Australia asked him what he thought of New Zealand. They assumed he would comment on our way of life, climate, culture etc. He simply replied New Zealand is a nation under judgment. I initially thought that statement was rather brash, but on reflection acknowledge he is right. He is a good friend of mine, and his son is my pastor!

Sermon extract:
Stephen, thanks so much for sending me this video.
This was the first video on my recommended list as I opened YouTube this morning
Our God's providence is good!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-06-15-10-47-55-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-06-15-10-47-55-52.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back