Fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by puritancovenanter
I only use the plastic worm. I like fishing old stripper pits around here. Just keep looking for the right color and you will end up catching them. I start off with black in the early spring and movoe to chartreuse. Lay low in the Summer and then wait for deer season.

I also love Canadian fishing for Northern and Walleye Pike. We have Walleye around here in the lake I havoe pictured in the picture forum. But I would rather catch Croppie out of there.

The way I look at life now is "pre-worm" and "post-worm".

Worms rule!

I've traditionally had good providence with Fat Raps, Rat-L-Traps and spinners too, but nothing like the worms of recent weeks.

I once was blind, but now I see.

I only use the plastic worm. I like fishing old stripper pits around here. Just keep looking for the right color and you will end up catching them. I start off with black in the early spring and movoe to chartreuse. Lay low in the Summer and then wait for deer season.

stripper pits? are those like tailings ponds? or are they like a mining pit lakes?
R

Stipper pits are littl ponds that were formed after they dug coal out of the ground here in western Indiana. It was done before the industry was as heavily equipped as we know it today. It was called strip mining.

Stipper pits are littl ponds that were formed after they dug coal out of the ground here in western Indiana. It was done before the industry was as heavily equipped as we know it today. It was called strip mining.

Reminds me of the Cutters and quarries in Breaking Away.

no doubt! Ouch it hurts just to think about hitting your head on a rock ledge under the water....

Originally posted by VirginiaHuguenot
Does anyone else fish?

I'm making plans to take our family fishing on the Chesapeake Bay this summer.

fishing.gif
Happy fishing then! Enjoy the bountiful harvest of diseased fish from the beautiful"”but somewhat polluted Chesapeake Bay.

Mmmmmmmmmm.... Mmmmmmm... Nothing says loven' like a diseased seabass infected with toxic pfiesteria in the oven.
:barfy:

Originally posted by Shane
I am a kean fly fisherman. But I am in South Africa so I doubt I will be able to give too much help.

Enjoy it though!

I taught school in Swaziland 1975-77. During one break we took the Garden Route and I remember coming through your area.

Also a couple of different holidays some us went to Zululand and stayed in a place on the St. Lucia estuary. Boy, talk about an area infested with sharks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back