Fly fishers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LawrenceU

Puritan Board Doctor
Just curious to see how many other fly fishermen there are out there. Fresh or Salt? Favourite waters? Tie your own? etc.

I fish fresh for various strains of bass, bream, crappie, and catfish (yep it can be done). I fish the inland waters for specks, reds, pampano, mackeral, and anything else that will bite.

I tie almost all my own flies.

I knew about fishing for fish and for men, but I didn't know about fishing for flies. I just swat them. I don't even look to see what kind they are. I'll look a little closer next time. :D

I used to do a bit of fishing, Lawrence, but I never did fly fishing. I've seen it done, and I'd love to try it. Around here I suppose one would really have to know where to fish like that, because most of what we have is bottom feeders. There is big-mouth bass somewhere here, though.

Do you have one of those hats with your own tied flies all over?

Originally posted by puritancovenanter
Just a plastic worm Bass fisher....

:up:

I was converted to the worm this summer and I'm never looking back.

I wouldn't be opposed to fly fishing, but it looks like it really requires mastering the technique. Any kind of fishing is okay by me, except for ice fishing-- requires way too much beer.

OK, I'm a fly fisherman, but I haven't gone fishing in 10 years.

I used to tie my own flies and I fished all the streams of central and western Montana. The East Gallatin bordered our ranch and the Madison was only 5 miles away.

I was spoiled. Now I live in the Puget Sound region and I just haven't gotten around to trying to fly fish the sound.

Vic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back