FOOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

satz

Puritan Board Senior
Proverbs is fulled with admonitions to stay away from fools.

How do you guys apply this practically in your lives? How is a 'fool' defined?

Bahnsen discusses this in his Always Ready, and explains that it sheds light on the fact that the fear of the Lord truly is the beginning of knowledge and wisdom (Prov. 1:7; 9:10), and that in Christ are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge (Col. 2:2-3). Thus, since the message of the Cross is foolishness to those who are perishing (1 Cor. 1:18), they are in fact inherently foolish, for God has made foolish the wisdom of the world (1 Cor. 1:20), so that without God it may truly be asked, "Where is the wise" (1 Cor. 1:20)? It is on that grounds that we may have true confidence as apologists, knowing that unbelievers truly are foolish in the sense that their own aspired worldviews are in actuality folly, and that the only reason they can acquire and account for any knowledge of the truth whatsoever is by common grace and implicitly presupposing Christianity.

Sometimes I wish their were a litmus test... proverbs also says not to argue with scoffers or strident or quarrelsome persons... some people are so hardened in their hearts, they cannot see the folly of their way.

My last roomate and even best friend were very quaralsome I still care very much for my best friend but I just dont sse the wisdom in spending time with some one who is always looking for a fight or way to put you down.

blade

I think Proverbs is a great guide in practical issues. Foolishness and fools are to be avoided obviously, but the shape of what that means affects child-rearing, economics, sexuality and numerous other issues. I once tried to get a group of bible study kids to read the book in their spare time to no avail. They weren't very wise...but neither am I sometimes (usually?).

Originally posted by Ianterrell
I think Proverbs is a great guide in practical issues. Foolishness and fools are to be avoided obviously, but the shape of what that means affects child-rearing, economics, sexuality and numerous other issues.

That's really true...any one want to share some practical ways they apply this wisdom in their lives?

ohh...what IS raca?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back