Football: Your team.........????

Status
Not open for further replies.
In that vein Lawrence...

Hibs and Portsmouth and Saint Patrick's...

The one and only Heart of Midlothian, triumphant by a mile over Rangers on Saturday. 'The talk o the toon are the boys in maroon, and Auld Reekie supports them with pride..'

You mean the Chelski wannabees? When does Romanov move the team to Vilnius should be the question all Hearts supporters are asking...

In that vein Lawrence...

The one and only Heart of Midlothian, triumphant by a mile over Rangers on Saturday. 'The talk o the toon are the boys in maroon, and Auld Reekie supports them with pride..'

You mean the Chelski wannabees? When does Romanov move the team to Vilnius should be the question all Hearts supporters are asking...

:lol::worms:

I am a Dallas Cowboy fan
you grow up here with that as a basic requirement.
Cowboy games and players are part of family and holiday memories clear back to childhood. For some reason Dallas always has awesome dudes playing the position of tight end.

but I have to admit I like the Pittsburgh Steelers.

so...this week will be interesting.

I think it is easy to follow the Packers, or Bears or Steelers even though they are teams way up north because I kinda like the working class vibe they give off.

It wasn't pretty. Miller and Thompson not being in was not the reason the Gers lost either. They played shoddy defense the Heart's goals were on set plays. No excuse for that. The Gers' offense wasn't much better either.

Rangers have lost their way. Although Celtic have not been playing all that well the big advantage they have over Rangers is a determination to win. I have lost count of the number of times Celtic looked down and out only to equalise/win in the last minute. Rangers just don't have the capacity to haul things back.

I've got to agree with you. They are not the same team they used to be. Over here the information I get is very sketchy so it is difficult for me to follow them as closely as I'd like. I do thankfully have a buddy who records the games on DVD for me :) I'm thinking of signing on for the online service, but I'm not sure that it is worth it.

BTW, this is not a thread hijack. I repeat this is not a thread hijack it is a course correction.

In that vein Lawrence...

Romanov has both saved and is destroying Hearts. Had it not been for him Tynecastle would be block of flats by now. On the other hand his interference in team selections and use of Kaunus as a feeder team is annoying many many people including me.

Did you see the Scottish Cup draw? Hibs v Hearts at Easter Rd

-----Added 12/2/2008 at 05:45:40 EST-----

I've got to agree with you. They are not the same team they used to be. Over here the information I get is very sketchy so it is difficult for me to follow them as closely as I'd like. I do thankfully have a buddy who records the games on DVD for me :) I'm thinking of signing on for the online service, but I'm not sure that it is worth it.

BTW, this is not a thread hijack. I repeat this is not a thread hijack it is a course correction.

BBC SPORT | Football | Scottish Premier give highlights and goals from 6pm on Sunday onwards for a week.

Apologies also from me: do not think of this as hi-jacking the thread but just a little detour down the scenic route.

I am a Dallas Cowboy fan
Cowboy games and players are part of family and holiday memories clear back to childhood. For some reason Dallas always has awesome dudes playing the position of tight end.

I think it is easy to follow the Packers, or Bears or Steelers even though they are teams way up north because I kinda like the working class vibe they give off.
I think there is a Texas Law about that!:)

What is this "football" you speak of?

This is real football, also known as the beautiful game. Exported to the world from these shores and still played here in all its purity. Real wingers waltzing up the wing with the ball seemingly tied to their feet against real defenders with their crunching tackles.

yeay I love football!!!! Good thread new guy!
I am a Dallas fan... why? I have have been since I was born... the Colts are my second pick but I love the cowboys!!!!
My husband on the other hand is a Falcons guy... his picks are
1.) Atlanta Falcons
2.)who ever is playing against Dallas...
it gets loud around here during games... I am a die hard fan too man... yelling at the tv jumping up and down... screaming at the ump. it's sooo much fun... ok I'm done :)

yeay I love football!!!! Good thread new guy!
I am a Dallas fan... why? I have have been since I was born... the Colts are my second pick but I love the cowboys!!!!
My husband on the other hand is a Falcons guy... his picks are
1.) Atlanta Falcons
2.)who ever is playing against Dallas...
it gets loud around here during games... I am a die hard fan too man... yelling at the tv jumping up and down... screaming at the ump. it's sooo much fun... ok I'm done :)
Thank you! Why did you go for the "Boys" rather than the Falcons? Not that it is a bad choice!:)

you know I don't know... my Daddy was a Dallas fan as was my brother.... I have no idea why they were but I guess it just stuck with me because I can't ever remember cheering anyone else on....
btw as a side note I am a fan of the Manning brothers too.

Being from Georgia originally, if this were a college football thread I'd have to say my beloved Bulldogs.

But it's not. I don't watch football on the Lord's Day, but I do keep up with the Atlanta Falcons on Mondays. I'm pleasantly surprised they are doing so well this year, given the recent and sad history with Michael Vick and Bobby Petrino.

Somehow a thread that references both Michael Vick and dogs is making me uncomfortable...

:eek:

you know I don't know... my Daddy was a Dallas fan as was my brother.... I have no idea why they were but I guess it just stuck with me because I can't ever remember cheering anyone else on....
Well, no matter.....Dallas is AMERICA'S TEAM!!!!!:):):):):):):):):):):)

From what I have read in my Packers newspaper (yes, I subscribe to a Packers newspaper :cool:), Dallas is far from "America's Team," they are an evil empire. This is not surprising, given the inherent evil of Jerry Jones, a.k.a. the Dark Lord.

Seriously though, Dallas is getting a stadium next year worth upwards of one billion dollars! That is entirely unnecessary; Jones just loves to flaunt his cash. We Packer fans on the other hand support our own team. We have no one owner, far less one evil owner.

you know i don't know... My daddy was a dallas fan as was my brother.... I have no idea why they were but i guess it just stuck with me because i can't ever remember cheering anyone else on....
Btw as a side note i am a fan of the manning brothers too.
well, no matter.....dallas is america's team!!!!!:):):):):):):):):):):)

from what i have read in my packers newspaper (yes, i subscribe to a packers newspaper :cool:), dallas is far from "america's team," they are an evil empire. This is not surprising, given the inherent evil of jerry jones, a.k.a. The dark lord.

Seriously though, dallas is getting a stadium next year worth upwards of one billion dollars! That is entirely unnecessary; jones just loves to flaunt his cash. We packer fans on the other hand support our own team. We have no one owner, far less one evil owner.
boooo!

The Redskins are my favorite team. They have been ever since I can remember. Being a native Virginian, there is no other team. I love football! I go for Green Bay second, but love my Redskins. I would paint my face burgundy and gold when I get to go to the games, but I think it would embarrass my husband. My kids keep telling me the players don't hear me yelling at the television. :lol:

S-T-E-E-L-E-R-S
...is there any other team to speak of???
....no comment...
Good idea...save your tears for Monday morning;)

I am a Dallas Cowboy fan

Plus our QB isn't dating Jessica Simpson :)

From what I have read in my Packers newspaper (yes, I subscribe to a Packers newspaper :cool:), Dallas is far from "America's Team," they are an evil empire. This is not surprising, given the inherent evil of Jerry Jones, a.k.a. the Dark Lord.

Seriously though, Dallas is getting a stadium next year worth upwards of one billion dollars! That is entirely unnecessary; Jones just loves to flaunt his cash. We Packer fans on the other hand support our own team. We have no one owner, far less one evil owner.

The Steelers' family-owners are the original owners and, in Pittsburgh, they are cherished.
I mean, our radio stations even play terrible, blasphemous parodies of the Lord's prayer about Art Rooney in heaven. I do admit we take the Steelers too seriously. Here's an article in Christianity Today written by a prof I had in college about the Steelers.

Have I successfully isolated myself here on PB yet? I'll stop talking about them now;)

I am a Dallas man as I said, BUT if Dallas is having a bad "spell" when it is time for the BOWL.....I am an NFC guy, I don't root for an AFC team. (Sorry AFC fans.):smug:

Last edited:
Without Papa Bear George Hallas, the founder of the NFL, would be no Pro Football. I proudly pull for the Chicago Bears. The most storied team in the League and the team with the most Championships! (Not most Super Bowls, only 1 Super Bowl) We will be back on top someday. (I hope.)

I never get to watch them accept on Mondays, and various other days which are not the Lord's Day, but I have always been a Bears fan. DA BEARS!

S-T-E-E-L-E-R-S
...is there any other team to speak of???
....no comment...
Good idea...save your tears for Monday morning;)

Plus our QB isn't dating Jessica Simpson :)

The Steelers' family-owners are the original owners and, in Pittsburgh, they are cherished.
I mean, our radio stations even play terrible, blasphemous parodies of the Lord's prayer about Art Rooney in heaven. I do admit we take the Steelers too seriously. Here's an article in Christianity Today written by a prof I had in college about the Steelers.

Have I successfully isolated myself here on PB yet? I'll stop talking about them now;)
What is wrong with Jessica!:):):):):):)

Have a cousin on the Colts, live in PA, and from SC...so not sure. Hubby is getting to be a die hard Eagles fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back