Football: Your team.........????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like College (PSU) way better too but my favorite NFL team is unfortunately the mismanaged Raiders. Until Al Davis realizes he needs to retire I pretty much go with my second favorite the Carolina Panthers.

I like College (PSU) way better too but my favorite NFL team is unfortunately the mismanaged Raiders. Until Al Davis realizes he needs to retire I pretty much go with my second favorite the Carolina Panthers.
The Raiders were a TEAM when Lyle was still around!:) That guy was crazy, WAY too many steroids, sad he was a good player.:2cents:

Howie Long and Lester Hayes we're always my favorite Raiders.

How can you forget "The Snake" Kenny Stabler?!? :confused:

I've always been a defensive guy. In high School I started as a corner back and wore number 37. Stickum was illegal but I would spray pretape all over myself so I could be like my football hero Mr Stickum Lester Hayes. When I got older and stopped the foolishness I wore number 75 and was a defensive end like Howie.

How can you forget "The Snake" Kenny Stabler?!?

You mean the alcoholic, oft arrested, never charged for DUI Kenny 'The Snake' Stabler; that iconic hero of 2/3's of the state of Alabama?

'My team' was led by #7 and played in a stadium called 'Mile High'.

This team no longer exists...

You mean the alcoholic, oft arrested, never charged for DUI Kenny 'The Snake' Stabler; that iconic hero of 2/3's of the state of Alabama?

That would be the one!

When you're a kid growing up and watching the Raiders, you're not always privy to such things. Besides, watching a TV broadcast and hearing that southern drawl (the way God intended intelligent men to speak, In my humble opinion) makes it all worth it. (not really, j/k)

BTW, if we're talking about the use of stick'em, what about the greatest receiver the world has ever know (and also Raider) Fred Biletnikoff?

That would be the one!

When you're a kid growing up and watching the Raiders, you're not always privy to such things. Besides, watching a TV broadcast and hearing that southern drawl (the way God intended intelligent men to speak, In my humble opinion) makes it all worth it. :lol:

BTW, if we're talking about the use of stick'em, what about the greatest receiver the world has ever know (and also Raider) Fred Biletnikoff?

Biletnikoff was the man. He the only receiver in history to be able to snag a cannon shot pass and bring it in with the tip of an extended finger!

I love listening to Stabler on the radio shows around here and he is a great colour commentator. I just wish he'd get his drinking under control. Perhaps if they actually smacked him once instead of looking the other way he'd learn a lesson. I did love to watch him play.

My friend, you are correct regarding the accent. I'm almost certain that prior to Babel all men spoke with a drawl.

grymir-albums-grymir-s-photo-s-picture210-miamidolphins-223.jpg

man I don't know what to think today.
Dallas defense looked so good
...then it was like Romo lost his everlovin' mind.
I am a fan of Romo but he is reeeeeeally pushing it.

proving once again the thing I love about the game
no matter what it looks like on paper as far as which team should win
you still gotta suit up and play
Reality is sobering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back