For Sale Area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredtgreco

Vanilla Westminsterian
Staff member
What do you think of the idea of a For Sale area on PuritanBoard? This would not be a PuritanBoard run area, merely a forum where members could make their own independent arrangements. Kind of like a "swap sheet."

Please answer the poll and be brief in any repsonses.

I would totally dig that idea. Especially for those of us who are in seminary and are looking for books that can't be found anywhere else, plus laptops for doing your class work. I fully support the idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:up: As long as people are selling things on the cheap!;)

Pro 20:10 Unequal weights and unequal measures are both alike an abomination to the LORD.

Doesn't that open a can of worms? Ebay adjudicates in disputes and polices for fraud... What about disgruntled PBers that are unsatisfied with their purchase... Couldn't general posts and U2U's facilitate the marginal amount commerce that might transpire...

In final appeal -- It's not my PuritanBoard so you guys do whatcha want!:pilgrim:

Originally posted by Puritanhead
Doesn't that open a can of worms? Ebay adjudicates in disputes and polices for fraud... What about disgruntled PBers that are unsatisfied with their purchase... Couldn't general posts and U2U's facilitate the marginal amount commerce that might transpire...

In final appeal -- It's not my PuritanBoard so you guys do whatcha want!:pilgrim:

One would hope that believers would act apprpriately in business transactions.

Originally posted by puritancovenanter
I could be beneficial. It should be left to members only and hidden like some of the other forums.

Yes, we should limit the scope of our audience as much as possible when trying to sell something. :p

Originally posted by Scott Bushey

One would hope that believers would act apprpriately in business transactions.

You're right... Though, I think it should be hidden as PuritanCovenantor earlier suggested, so that commerce would be among the loyal cadre of PB members and not just random people on Internet looking for a market for their cheapwares and suckers... This would probably largely quell any potential for abuse, fraud, etc. It's your call Mr. Moderator... I think the moderators should consider drafting some simple ground rules similar to auction and e-commerce web sites... plus, you've got a lawyer on your staff after all.

:)

I always have the effect of turning anything contemplative, serious-- into a malaise of tongue-in-cheek posts.

How about an Adopt-a-Puritan marketplace? where wealthy eccentric millionaires can make $80,000 deposits into eager young Puritans bank accounts, so that eager young Puritans like myself can complete their graduate and professional studies, and get a doctorate.
:2cents:

I'm definitely in now.
wine.gif
:detective:
gunfire.gif

[Edited on 8-17-2005 by puritancovenanter]

what?!

Originally posted by VirginiaHuguenot
Originally posted by poimen
How about the Puritan Gunshop?

The only place to acquire a AR-15 .308 blessed by the Lord!:pilgrim:

:bigsmile:

http://www.gunbroker.com/

We should all stock up on Bibles, Psalters, good books, good guns and good wine and beer! :book2::pilgrim::detective::banana:

Don't forget good cigars and/or pipe tobacco!

Aye! :detective::up:

are you guys seriouse?
I think it's better not to sell these thing - if you people really meant it in the above replies. The puritans didn't get involved in too much worldly matters. Agree?

Originally posted by Ken S.
Originally posted by poimen
How about the Puritan Gunshop?

The only place to acquire a AR-15 .308 blessed by the Lord!:pilgrim:

:bigsmile:

http://www.gunbroker.com/

We should all stock up on Bibles, Psalters, good books, good guns and good wine and beer! :book2::pilgrim::detective::banana:

Don't forget good cigars and/or pipe tobacco!

Aye! :detective::up:

are you guys seriouse?
I think it's better not to sell these thing - if you people really meant it in the above replies. The puritans didn't get involved in too much worldly matters. Agree?

The Puritans approved of all of the above in the proper context. :pilgrim:

I don't know what the laws are regarding shipment of ATF items but I'm sure all three were suggested tongue-in-cheek. A and F are on my list, but I'm really not into T, myself.

I'm all for the idea of the PB marketplace, though, and I agree that it should be restricted viewing. PB-18, at least.

:ditto: to restricting viewing. I'd like to do some "class-3" "F" trading I don't want uncle sam to know about and the PB is the perfect place! hush hush

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back