Forknew Books?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thistle93

Puritan Board Freshman
Hi! I am looking for as many recommendations on books that deal with meaning of forknew from Romans 8:29 as I can. Any recommendations? Thank you!

For His Glory-
Matthew

Still Sovereign: Contemporary Perspectives on Election, Foreknowledge, and Grace by Thomas Schreiner and Bruce Ware

I just searched this on Amazon.

But another great one would be:

Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places,
Eph 1:4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love
Eph 1:5 he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,
Eph 1:6 to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved.
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace,
Eph 1:8 which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight
Eph 1:9 making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ
Eph 1:10 as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth.
Eph 1:11 In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will,
Eph 1:12 so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of his glory.
Eph 1:13 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit,
Eph 1:14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.

I think the above Scripture is the proper teaching of what "foreknowledge" is.
Whenever I speak about Romans 8:28--30 I take folks to Ephesians 1:3-14 because there is such an agreement with the Romans passage and the Ephesians passage that this ought to be a no-brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back