Forum for Deacons ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin

Puritan Board Doctor
I have been thinking about this for a while now and I thought I would just throw it out for discussion. Would others be interested in having a forum for deacons to discuss the theoretical & practical aspects of their office ?

I have in mind something like the elders forum only for deacons. Over the years I have found it a great help & encouragment to speak with deacons from other churches/congregations about the how's & why's of the prctice in their church.

Any other deacon on the board? Any young men who aspire to the office? Any elders with a passion for this aspect of the ministry? What are your thoughts?

Admins, what would be involved in setting it up?

OK, stupid question how do I edit my b-date? I just went to user cp & did not see how I could change it. What am I missing? When I look at the edit page it seems like I only have the option to cange the privacy settings.:think:

Kevin,

Not a stupid question. I just realized that you can't edit it. :doh: I don't know how I've worked with vBulletin for over a year now and didn't realize that.

DEACONS, DEACONS, DEACONS:

Do we really only have about a dozen deacons in the entire Puritanboard? I ask because part of your user profile is the ability to note your Church Position.

If you are a deacon then please note it in your profile. Also, let me know if you are a deacon and are unable to access the forum I've created.

Just looked. Mine is there. Another question: I am an ordained Deacon in the SBC, but am about to join a PCA church. Would there be a problem keeping that designation--seeing that I am NOT a Deacon in the PCA?

I was ordained as a deacon in the RPCNA and served four years in that capacity. I am currently not serving as a deacon in the Presbyterian Reformed Church.

I was ordained as a deacon in the RPCNA and served four years in that capacity. I am currently not serving as a deacon in the Presbyterian Reformed Church.

Andrew,

Once ordained always ordained. I would assume that the PRC would only require that you be installed versus being "re-ordained". So you should get access.

As an RE I hope one day that I get access the the Elders Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back