Four Brothers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianBowman

Posting Priviledges Revoked
Just saw it on DVD on my mom's 50" Plasma. Great action flick, Intense development of plot, but also incredible profanity. One "minor" sex scene with no visible skin lasting maybe 20 seconds. Anyone one else gonna fess up that they have seen it? Is my status on PB at risk for admitting that I have?;)

[Edited on 12-31-2005 by BrianBowman]

... aside from the language I would agree Kerry. The cinematography is incredible. Most of it was filmed with only one panavision(tm) camera. The shots are very wide angle and the visual field very deep. The use of winter/snow as a backdrop for much of the movie really adds a surreal quality as well (the movie was filmed in Toronto but actually "takes place" in Detroit).

Originally posted by BrianBowman
... aside from the language I would agree Kerry. The cinematography is incredible. Most of it was filmed with only one panavision(tm) camera. The shots are very wide angle and the visual field very deep. The use of winter/snow as a backdrop for much of the movie really adds a surreal quality as well (the movie was filmed in Toronto but actually "takes place" in Detroit).

:ditto: There is a lot of language. Other than that, the story was good. Action packed throughout.

Just watched this one tonight.

The language was about what I expected...actually, less.

The violence was mostly action...not blood everywhere. It was a good movie.

Get curse free TV, or stop watching them. Its not worth it.

Exodus 39:30 Then they made the plate of the holy crown of pure gold, and wrote on it an inscription like the engraving of a signet: HOLINESS TO THE LORD.

Dr. McMahon...

I would recommend throwing out your telvision altogether. There's a lot more than cursing going on...there are conflicting worldviews. You will certainly find (primarily in fact) opposition to the Christian worldview. Take every thought captive or don't watch at all.

Originally posted by C. Matthew McMahon
Get curse free TV, or stop watching them. Its not worth it.

Exodus 39:30 Then they made the plate of the holy crown of pure gold, and wrote on it an inscription like the engraving of a signet: HOLINESS TO THE LORD.

Dr McMahon,

What is 'curse free TV'? I am seriously interested. Is it a filter of some kind?

Or were you just using a figure of speech for not watching trash on TV?

Search the web for "TV Guardian." Its a device that filters out the garbage talk.

1) Christian do not want to watch sex on TV (pronography) so that should cancel out a whole lot of movies rigtht there.
2) Curse free silences the movie and replaces the dialgue with a closed captioned at the bottom of the screen. So if you watch a foul mouthed movie, it will be a "silent movie" and that is not entertaining, so you would cut down on those as well.
3) Throwing out the TV is a good thing if you must.

I don't watch anything I can't filter. Even when we watch a series, like LOST, we will buy the DVD as it comes out to control what we see.

Even when we watched the World Series last year (or it may have been the year before) there was a very lwed commercial on that we were appauled at. And little children are watching baseball with thier parents thinking its going to be a family time!

Thanks Dr McMahon,

That certainly sounds good.

Too bad they don't have a version for computers yet though.

Thanks for the heads up on the TV Guardian. I just bought one.

Oh, and I saw part of "Four Brothers" on a flight from the U.S. to Japan. It was so boring I turned it off after about 30 minutes.

[Edited on 2-6-2006 by SemperFideles]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back