Francis Turretin - The Atonement - READY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

C. Matthew McMahon

Christian Preacher
Francis Turretin's work, "The Atonement" is ready for the public.

Description:
WHY DID Jesus Christ DIE on the cross? Throughout Church history one will find many different answers. The right answer is critical to salvation and entering into a right relationship with Jesus Christ. This current volume is a masterful biblical survey and polemic that illuminates the Bible´s doctrine of Christ´s atonement. As the 1859 Preface states: "œIt is doubted whether any other work of the same compass presents so clearly and forcibly the truth of God as to the Nature, Truth, Perfection, Matter, and Extent of the Satisfaction made by the blessed Savior. The lucid arrangement of topics, compact argumentation, fairness of statement, and constant appeal to the law and the testimony, leave the careful reader little to desire." It had been said that Turretin is the best expounder of doctrine that the Reformed church has ever known, and this work on the atonement is an example of his exegetical, logical and practical insight into the work of our Lord´s life and sacrifice.

Buy it here, and tell others!

http://www.lulu.com/puritan

Matt - is this material essentially the section from Elenctic Theology, or is it wholly different material? Also, how is this different (for better or worse) than Owen's Death of Death?

(I just responded to your U2U by asking these questions, but I decided to post them here because others might have the same questions...)

Its not the same material, though its the same author's ideas. He wrote this as a treatise.

It is easier than Owen, but quite deep nonetheless.

Its "Turretin for beginners."

Its a great work! Turretin is AWESOME in everything he writes. Except of course when he tries to prove that the sun travels around the earth in his Institutes. But no one is perfect.

Originally posted by webmaster
Its a great work! Turretin is AWESOME in everything he writes. Except of course when he tries to prove that the sun travels around the earth in his Institutes. But no one is perfect.

Don't hate Matt, the whole issue is a very fascinating and complicated one (Even to this day). I am still in shock that he starred down the atheists and compromising Christians. At every point I have investigated, he seems to be on the right side. I definitely going to have to get this book, when I get some extra money.

CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back