Free copy of the Heidelberg Catechism on Kindle

Status
Not open for further replies.

David

Puritan Board Sophomore
Hi everyone. I have converted the Heidelberg Catechism into Kindle format, complete with a working table of contents and index of Lord's Days. Since the Catechism is in the Public Domain, I'm releasing the ebook in the Public Domain too.

You can download it from my website. The HTML source used to generate the book is available too.

If anyone notices errors or room for improvement, please let me know. :)

I'm glad you are all enjoying it.

I do plan to try Kindle-ifying other documents like the Westminster Standards. I did the Heidelberg Catechism first as a test, and if it turns out well (as it seems to have), I'll move onto similar documents like the Standards. When I do more, I'll continue to post them here.

If anyone's interested in trying this themselves, it's a fairly straightforward process, but pretty time consuming. If you can get the text for any document or book (this is easy for Public Domain titles), you just need reformat it in HTML (the markup used to making websites) and use Mobipocket Creator to turn it into a Kindle book. Having a powerful text editor (I use Vim) helps, as you can use macros to automate a large amount of this. You can see the HTML source I made for this book to see how it looks behind the scenes.

How about the PCA and OPC's Book of Church Orders :D

I think we're gonna make our mate from down under regret his skills.

Fantastico! I was wondering recently whether any of the confessions were available in Kindle format. Thanks for the hard work!

Thanks David, this is better than the one I had on my Kindle without a table of contents.

Thanks David, this is better than the one I had on my Kindle without a table of contents.
This is one of the reasons I decided to try it myself. A number of Public Domain Kindle books seem to be missing a table of contents, which makes them frustrating to navigate.

I'm glad everyone's finding the book useful. Are there any suggestions or improvements I can make?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back