FREE COPY of Where Sin Abounds for those who write a book review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Bob Gonzales

Puritan Board Junior
I expect to receive 40 copies of my newly published monograph Where Sin Abounds: the Spread of Sin and the Curse in Genesis with a Special Focus on the Patriarchal Narratives (Wipf & Stock Publishers, 2010) today. In my respects, this book constitutes a biblical theology of the book. For more info, see the attached color brochure.

The book retails for $34. The publisher offers a 20% discount an offers it for just under $28. I can get the book at a %50 discount plus $1 for shipping and have offered to make it available to those who responded earlier for a total of $21 (which covers my shipping costs from W&S and to you). A good number of you have ordered copies at this author's discount, and I plan to begin sending them out this week.

I do, however, want to make another offer. I am willing to send out at least 3 to 5 complementary copies FREE OF CHARGE to those who qualify and are willing to write a book review within two months and (1) post that book review on Amazon.com and the Barnes and Noble website, as well as (2) submit the book review to a blog and/or (even better) a theological journal. For Amazon.com or Barnes and Noble, the review should be concise: between 200 and 300 words. For a blog or theological journal, the review may be longer (1,500 to 2,500 words).

I am sending this notice out to seminary professors, pastors, and students. If you're interested, please respond asap and indicate why you think you're sufficiently qualified and willing to write the review. I do interact with the original text and so a some knowledge of Hebrew would be helpful though perhaps not absolutely necessary.

So if you're interested in obtaining a free copy of the book and willing to write a review (within 2 months), let me know as soon as possible. Once I receive the requests, I'll decide which of those who apply are best suited to write the reviews.

Your servant,

Dr Bob, i would be glad to submit a review to the Haddington House journal. New issue just came out (in the mail) so it would be more like 10 or 11 months until it comes out.

Dr Bob, i would be glad to submit a review to the Haddington House journal. New issue just came out (in the mail) so it would be more like 10 or 11 months until it comes out.

Kevin,

Just checked out the journal online. Looks great. I think the book would fit well under the Biblical Theology category. Would you be willing to submit the review to another journal if Haddington doesn't receive it? Or at least post it (or an edited version) Amazon.com and/or Barnes and Noble?

If you're willing to do such a review, I'd be glad to send you a complementary copy if you'd forward me your address. BTW, I'm not asking folks to give the book an uncritically positive review. I do think the book's thesis makes a positive contribution to showing the unity of Genesis (contra source critical theories), and supports a Reformed view of justification and sanctification.

Thanks for your willingness to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back