Free Will Song

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew1034

Puritan Board Freshman
Blatant will worship. This college is located in my state and has a large student population relative to the other Christian colleges in FL.

Here are some fun facts to consider about the school as you watch:
  1. Each gender must use segregated stairways, elevators and in some cases, sidewalks.
  2. If you eat a banana at lunch you have to cut it in pieces
  3. If you leave the campus you have to sign out and state where you're going (leaving the campus is a privilege)
  4. 10 pm curfew every day
  5. You may not go to a public library.
  6. No more than twenty students may meet off-campus without specific permission.
  7. You may recieve demerits for having your radio tuned to a "non-passing" radio station, even if you have not touched the dial since you were home.
  8. Possession of an electric guitar or amplifier is forbidden
  9. Men may not wear a necklace.
  10. Women must wear a skirt or dress at all times. Jean skirts are allowed at dating outings only. Long shorts (i.e., "gauchos" or "culottes") which reach the knee are permitted for athletic activity.
  11. In the dorm, you may not have: television, personal stereo (walkman), microwave, fans, skillets, hot plate, coffee pot, electric blanket, extra furniture, or a living pet

Not sure if this is a statement made by an alumni or from a student handbook from the 90's but:
While attending PCC, the number one measurement of your spiritual condition will be how well you obey the rules, and secondly, how much you turn in others who don't obey the rules.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrczyFvkv8Q]YouTube - Free Will Song[/ame]

My friends attended a high school that was a feeder school for PCC. They affectionately refered to PCC as "Pensacola Concentration Camp. While attending said high school, one friend was told by a teacher that he would be going to Hell because he spoke after he told him not to. Apparently the teachers at the high school hold the keys to Heaven and Hell, who knows what secrets they have unlocked at PCC?

Excellent instruction, huh?

When I read the list I misread No. 9. I read it as 'Men may not wear a necktie.' For a minute I wondered if I had been shifted to another dimension. Sort of the same feeling that I get when I have to go to PCC for various homeschool activities.

I thought the school that I went to was strict. It isn't even the league with PCC.

BTW, the song makes me want to puke: Lyrically, musically, awful.

#2 - :lol::rolleyes: This is a case of the rulemakers having filthier minds than anyone who wants a little more potassium in their diet.

#5 - :book2: I'd get kicked out for that one before anything else.

:lol:

This one is a PB favourite - it has been posted a few times, but it never ceases to shock and dismay, does it?

...or a living pet.

Does this mean you can keep dead pets?

-----Added 2/20/2009 at 09:52:01 EST-----

#2 is hilarious. I bet they cut all pictures of the Washington monument out of their textbooks too.

My friends attended a high school that was a feeder school for PCC. They affectionately refered to PCC as "Pensacola Concentration Camp. While attending said high school, one friend was told by a teacher that he would be going to Hell because he spoke after he told him not to. Apparently the teachers at the high school hold the keys to Heaven and Hell, who knows what secrets they have unlocked at PCC?

Excellent instruction, huh?

There may be no more accurate, modern parallel to the Pharisees.

When I read the list I misread No. 9. I read it as 'Men may not wear a necktie.' For a minute I wondered if I had been shifted to another dimension. Sort of the same feeling that I get when I have to go to PCC for various homeschool activities.

I thought the school that I went to was strict. It isn't even the league with PCC.

BTW, the song makes me want to puke: Lyrically, musically, awful.

My stomach turned when I heard it, too.. after the comedy wore off and I realized these people worship their own righteousness... Goats....

#2 - :lol::rolleyes: This is a case of the rulemakers having dirtier minds than anyone who wants a little more potassium in their diet.

I'd be tossed out with you, brother:book2::book2::book2:

-----Added 2/20/2009 at 10:05:37 EST-----

This one is a PB favourite - it has been posted a few times, but it never ceases to shock and dismay, does it?

I searched "free will song" but no results came up so I posted it just for the record :)

...or a living pet.

Does this mean you can keep dead pets?

-----Added 2/20/2009 at 09:52:01 EST-----

#2 is hilarious. I bet they cut all pictures of the Washington monument out of their textbooks too.

Here are some other rules:
  1. Forbidden: Writing or distributing unauthorized literature.
  2. No "Cracking" the communion cups.
  3. Forbidden: Possession or use of tobacco/alcohol/controlled substances (includes glue)
  4. Forbidden: Visiting Pensacola Junior College or the Unversity of West Florida.
  5. Forbidden: Attendance at a movie theater or unapproved concert/event.
  6. Forbidden: Disrespect or "bad attitude."
  7. Forbidden: Automotive repair on campus.
  8. Forbidden: Walking on the grass or landscape
  9. Males and Females are to use separate public beaches and may not go to the popular Pensacola Beach or to the nearby Boardwalk.
  10. Dorms: You may not go bare-foot in the halls or lounge.
  11. Dorms: You may not put up a picture of unmarried people in physical contact unless they are "little kids."

If any of these rules are broken, you get a demerit. 150 demerits results in expulsion. 75, 100, or 125 will get you "campused," which is being grounded for no less than 1 week, not allowed to leave or talk to anyone else on campus.

They tie up heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on people's shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to move them with their finger. They do all their deeds to be seen by others.
Matthew 23:4,5

The Student Voice. Pensacola Christian College

When considering attending Pensacola Christian College, it is important to know that they have rules. Rules. Rules. Rules. They have rules to govern every area of your life. Just like the Bible, only more. Evidently, the Bible did not cover some areas, so the School Administrators have picked up the slack.

This is the college that puts out the A-Beka program as well..

Oh wow, they even have Cheerleaders, however, I personally have no problem w/ the length of their skirts..

https://www.pcci.edu/StudentLife/Athletics/EaglesSports.html

Last edited:
Mortifying our flesh and putting on Christ daily is enough of a challenge as it is without a bunch of ridiculous requirements and "do nots" being put on people. It really is no wonder Jesus was so angry at the Pharissees - God's easy yolk was not holy enough nor good enough for them - they insisted on the traditions of their wicked Mishnah (oral traditions) for righteousness.

This is why it is so, so very important for Christians to familiarize themselves with the Word so thoroughly (and parents to diligently teach their children) so that when people are faced with legalism like this they can go to God's Word and say
"Thus saith the Lord!" :judge:

That song was ungodly filth...a song that was written to push an agenda, not encourage true study of the Bible or even worship.

I used to sing that stupid song. I also have relatives who have gone to PCC. Feel free to ban me from the Board. Tertiary separation ya know. It's a fundamentalist thing.

I used to sing that stupid song. I also have relatives who have gone to PCC. Feel free to ban me from the Board. Tertiary separation ya know. It's a fundamentalist thing.

"...but you are washed, but you are sanctified...(sic)"

I couldn't finish listening to that young man "sing". Evidently the Lord no longer requires to be honored with our "best"! :tongue in cheek:

Word of Life is very similar to PCC. They've loosened up a bit from the time I attended, bu they are still very strict.

Blatant will worship. This college is located in my state and has a large student population relative to the other Christian colleges in FL.

Here are some fun facts to consider about the school as you watch:
  1. Each gender must use segregated stairways, elevators and in some cases, sidewalks.
  2. If you eat a banana at lunch you have to cut it in pieces
  3. If you leave the campus you have to sign out and state where you're going (leaving the campus is a privilege)
  4. 10 pm curfew every day
  5. You may not go to a public library.
  6. No more than twenty students may meet off-campus without specific permission.
  7. You may recieve demerits for having your radio tuned to a "non-passing" radio station, even if you have not touched the dial since you were home.
  8. Possession of an electric guitar or amplifier is forbidden
  9. Men may not wear a necklace.
  10. Women must wear a skirt or dress at all times. Jean skirts are allowed at dating outings only. Long shorts (i.e., "gauchos" or "culottes") which reach the knee are permitted for athletic activity.
  11. In the dorm, you may not have: television, personal stereo (walkman), microwave, fans, skillets, hot plate, coffee pot, electric blanket, extra furniture, or a living pet

Not sure if this is a statement made by an alumni or from a student handbook from the 90's but:
While attending PCC, the number one measurement of your spiritual condition will be how well you obey the rules, and secondly, how much you turn in others who don't obey the rules.

YouTube - Free Will Song

What is the rationale for rule #1? Do college students struggle with lust so much that the college needs segregated stairways, elevators and in some cases, sidewalks?

Why do they have to cut a banana in pieces before eating it? Are they going to take too big of a bite if they don't?

Why are they not permitted to go to a public library? Is it wrong to read a non-Christian book?

What is the rationale for rule #1? Do college students struggle with lust so much that the college needs segregated stairways, elevators and in some cases, sidewalks?

Why do they have to cut a banana in pieces before eating it? Are they going to take too big of a bite if they don't?

Why are they not permitted to go to a public library? Is it wrong to read a non-Christian book?

Many fundamentalists seem to see sexual pitfalls in EVERYTHING. They imagine that college kids are raging with hormones and might take advantage of every empty stairwell or elevator if given the opportunity.

The banana one is really sad. It's because a banana sort of looks like that "certain part" of the male anatomy. You don't want to be seen with your mouth around a banana.

Public libraries contain sexually explicit material.

Someone I know who used to go to PCC said that one administrator explained the rule about men wearing ties saying, "If a man does not have his tie on in class, it is as provocative to women as if the man had his pants down."

The men in charge of institutions like this who make these kinds of rules must be perverts.

#2 - :lol::rolleyes: This is a case of the rulemakers having filthier minds than anyone who wants a little more potassium in their diet.

If you couldn't go to the library anymore, they'd probably shut the place down due to lack of interest.

Theognome

There's just a big disconnect for me between this song (and the comments at the end about how it's one of the greatest truths of scripture), and the school as a whole...

1.) God wants your love freely; no constraints, no command...

and

2.) Follow these arbitrary "rules of God" to the letter or you get kicked out. In fact, be sure to turn in your friends who don't follow these rules. We'd hate to extend the grace and love that might lure anyone to choose this way.

I don't get it. Something they have set up there doesn't quite make sense. Two already strange teachings, but which also seem completely contradictory.

Apparently is not okay for a woman to be in an elevator with a man, but it is totally okay for her to speak at a large worship gathering. . .

Funny how made-up rules do not just supplement God's rules; they actually replace them.

Apparently is not okay for a woman to be in an elevator with a man, but it is totally okay for her to speak at a large worship gathering. . .

Funny how made-up rules do not just supplement God's rules; they actually replace them.
:agree:

Some of my friends went there for a semester. They are brother and sister. They kept getting demerits for talking to each other without a chaperone. So they left. The End.

In regards to the song: just sickening. Absolutely sickening. That teaching is cursed, and comes straight from Satan's mouth.

I'm out of thanks, but yes, exactly.

I went to PCC for one semester, to another school for two. I had more freedom at PCC than I had had growing up, honestly, though I had better doctrine at home: so it wasn't for me like being in prison in the way that many might think (though hardly an hour of my life goes by now that I do not have repeat to myself several times what Ruben tells me, that the Holy Spirit is not the accuser of the Brethren). But one wasn't allowed to attend a real church, there was no pastoral oversight at their huge campus church, and the sort of doctrine one receives there is such that the President's wife can state that God put Romans 9 in the Bible 'to see if we would really believe it.' (Evidently God is not to be believed even in the KJV -- they give the better textual arguments a very bad name with their ignorant ones). Fortunately my health was terrible and I never made it through more than a few classes at either of these colleges (the other was even worse). I didn't think it affected me much at the time; but I realize now that had all those many chapel/Sunday messages not been about how 'if you sit in this chair, your son will sit one chair further down' I might have made it through the next three years without believing that I was beyond the pale of God's grace because of struggles remaining sin.

The rules are stricter than represented. I had a friend almost expelled for laughing across a patio at the same time as another boy after dark when they were supposed to be in separate areas: laughing is a form of communication. When I was there they had students whose official function was to slap other students with demerits. All this while, as Evie says, they neglected the whole structure of justice, mercy, modesty, honesty, etc. They say we have to erect these barriers around the law: but they don't understand that Christ is the end of the law, and that summation of the law is love. All of those rules are just parameters slapped over a void.

But one wasn't allowed to attend a real church, there was no pastoral oversight at their huge campus church, and the sort of doctrine one receives there is such that the President's wife can state that God put Romans 9 in the Bible 'to see if we would really believe it.'

Really? You couldn't go to an off-campus church? So is the service in the video an actual Sunday morning service?

And she really meant that we're not supposed to believe Romans 9? Insanity.

Really? You couldn't go to an off-campus church? So is the service in the video an actual Sunday morning service?

This is pretty normal for most fundy churches. Bob Jones University was the same way, except they didn't consider Sunday morning meetings to be a church (no Lord's Supper or baptism, but they still took an offering for the school).

This is pretty normal for most fundy churches. Bob Jones University was the same way, except they didn't consider Sunday morning meetings to be a church (no Lord's Supper or baptism, but they still took an offering for the school).

So were you then left not attending any church except a service that they admitted was not a church? Four years without sacraments?

As a mod, I will take your request under advisement. BTW, we not only practice "tertiary" separation on the PB, we also go all out for quaternary and quinary too.

Running your 884 posts through both an internet filter for inappropriate content AND heretical words and taking into account your freewill admission that you actually "used to sing . . . that song," I am sorry to inform you that . . .

So were you then left not attending any church except a service that they admitted was not a church? Four years without sacraments?

A few of the churches in the area actually held communion in their evening services so that BJU students could partake. I went to one of those churches. But yes, many students went four years without sacraments, having a shepherd (since there was no pastor), etc.

I remember hearing one woman speak of attending one of these Fundamentalist colleges. She had lied to the school about the reason she needed to leave campus; but the interesting (and sad) thing about it was that later, she wasn't disciplined for lying and violating the ninth commandment, but for wearing pants while being away.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back