Fund-Raiser Cookbook--I could use your help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bevirtuous

Puritan Board Freshman
I'm still pretty new here, so many of you don't know that my mother went through cancer surgery and chemo this past autumn and winter. Her treatments are over, but her on-going medical care continues, and will for some time to come. She is recovering slowly but surely; although, she may always experience some after effects of her treatments. They have not hampered her joy of living, and we have all adjusted our pace to enjoy life with her. We are so grateful to the Lord for all of the many ways He is guiding, directing, and encouraging us as we travel this road.

Last autumn, shortly after we learned my mother had cancer, many dear friends helped me put together a surprise project, a friendship quilt, for my mother. My mother has enjoyed countless hours of rest beneath the folds of the quilt. And, it afforded many opportunities to share the News of Christ with people in the hospital as she received her chemo treatments.

On that same note: I have another project up my sleeve. :) I'd like to put together a fund-raiser cookbook to help my parents a bit with the financial side of this journey.

Here's where you come in. Do you have any family/original recipes or other tasty recipes that you would like to contribute to the cookbook? I would appreciate and welcome your submissions. You may send one or a hundred recipes (if you want to send a hundred recipes, please e-mail them rather than snail-mail them)! :)

If you have any comments or stories behind the recipe(s) that you submit, or full meal suggestions to go along with it, please feel free to share those as well. They might just end up published with the recipe.

I plan to make the cookbook available for sale online to download as an e-book (details for that will follow later on www.beingvirtuouswomen.com). The pages will be laid out in such a way that they could easily be printed from your computer. Then, if you wanted, you could slip them into page protectors and place them in a 3-ring binder (both of which you can easily find at Walmart or your favorite office supply store); which would make it easy to access and use in the kitchen.

Please include your name and location, if you like.

The tentative deadline for your submissions is August 23rd (my parent's 32nd wedding anniversary). Very Happy You can either e-mail them to me at [email protected], or mail them to:

Being Virtuous Women
437 E Pearl St
Geneseo, IL 61254

If you know of others who may be interested in sharing recipes for this project, please feel free to pass on this message with our blessing.

I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Blessings and thanks,
Amber
www.beingvirtuouswomen.com
www.homeschoolblogger.com/prayerbasket

[Edited on 8-1-2006 by bevirtuous]

Just a kindly reminder that my deadline to receive recipe submissions for the cookbook is in one week (August 23). Thanks so much! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back