Funding church plant quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notthemama1984

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
I saw this on brother. Hyde's FB and thought it was real good and thought provoking.

‎Paul T Murphy on the current funding situation in the URCNA: "We fund causes and individuals that we wouldn't let join our churches." Nailed it! While our church plants are begging for funds and church plants cannot get off the ground, we are supporting as churches dispensationalists, Baptists, Arminians, and unaccountable "missionaries."

What do you think?

That quote wouldn't apply to the PCA since there are plenty of dispensationalists, Baptists, Arminians as members of our denomination.

If one were in a Muslim land of tens of millions, one would not grieve over a baptist or a Presbyterian church plant. And even Dispensationalists are better than Muslims, right?

That quote wouldn't apply to the PCA since there are plenty of dispensationalists, Baptists, Arminians as members of our denomination.

I dunno about that. But I do know that we don't fund any church plants. All planters must raise their own funds.

But I do know that we don't fund any church plants. All planters must raise their own funds.

We use a different model down here, funding church planting as as line items in the budget either directly or through a network of churches. Unless they've changed the program, the goal was to have the church be fully self-supporting after 3 years. I believe that the first year is fully funded, with transition over the next two years.

The more historical model in the denomination was the mother/daughter church, which we have used upon occasion.

Ed, your congregation may fund specific plants or a network. If so, PTL. However our church (i.e. the PCA) does not provide funding. A planter must raise funds via a network, a number of congregations, or from individuals.

Most of the planting here is either done through the network or directly by an existing church. The RUF ministers do have to raise support, as do most missionaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back