Funny picture to caption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galatians220

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
My son sent me this and asked for a caption:

I did come up with a song (to the tune of "Let There Be Peace on Earth," the unofficial anthem of the post-Vatican II RCC):

"Let there be peace on earth
And let there be costumes, too.
Darth Vader was baptized
And thus he is born anew..."

"...To take each cyborg and love each cyborg,
As Benedict would do,
Let there be peace on earth
And may the Force be with you."

More captions? Thanks!

Margaret

"Pssst, Dude, where'd you get that funky bottom-of the-toilet wax ring collar? Can I get one, too?

Last edited:
"And Darth, being the last in this line, would be first in the kingdom of heaven, for he clung not to his own righteousness but to an alien righteousness, whilst the others finding their places upfront in this temporal existence held tenaciously to their works, which will bring nothing but ill repute and damnation."

How's that for "funny"?

Not exactly "SNL," but it'll do!

(My smilies aren't working lately! Nurse!)

Margaret

"He finds their lack of faith disturbing."

(Edited for accuracy)

Last edited:
Pope Benedict welcomed the consecration of Darth Vader as Bishop. Bishop Vader's first mass will be celebrated at the annual Star Wars convention next week. An official spokesman of the Roman Catholic Church said that the church looked forward to receiving into membership many nerdy college types.

Admiral Piett: Should I hold them, my lord?
Darth Vader: No. Leave them to me. I will deal with them myself.

"We are going to have to amend Chapter 25, paragraph 6, of the Westminster Confession of Faith to now read that the Pope is Darth Vader instead of the Antichrist."

"How can they put me on the Council and not make me a Cardinal? It's insulting!"

I guess this is what happens when a bishop gets passed over for "elevation" to cardinal 14, 15 times... :lol: They really do get into cosmic hissy fits when they get passed over more than once or twice.

Here's the real Darth Vader, who sat for just one photograph sans helmet:

bernardin.gif

(Actually, it's the late Joseph Cardinal Bernardin of Chicago. :cool: Doesn't take too much imagination, though...)

Margaret

Breaking News: The Catholic faithful (sic) galaxy-wide celebrate the assimilation of the Vatican into the Galactic Empire. Emperor Palpatine was automatically installed as Pope Sidious I, following the deposition of Benedict XVI. Among the procession is the former Anakin Cardinal Skywalker (of Tatooine), now His Sithiusness, Bishop Vader. Sources say the former Pontiff has been sewn into the hide of a dead tauntaun and abandoned somewhere in the Hoth System.

You pick one..... They ALL fit, sort of...

"I find your lack of faith disturbing."
"You don't know the power of the dark side!"
"No, I am your father!."
"Today will be a day long remembered. It has seen the death of Kenobi, and soon the fall of the rebellion."
"The force is strong with this one."
"I sense something, a presence I've not felt since......."
"You should not have come back!"
"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force."
"Just for once, let me look at your face with my own eyes."
"I've been waiting for you, Obi-wan. We meet again at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner. Now I am the master."
"Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate them."
"Obi-Wan has taught you well."
" Obi-Wan once thought as you do. You don't know the power of the Dark Side, I must obey my master."
"It is too late for me, son. The Emperor will show you the true nature of the Force. He is your master now."
"You are unwise to lower your defenses!"
" As you wish."
"No. Leave them to me. I will deal with them myself."
"My son is with them."
"You cannot hide forever, Luke."
"Don't fail me again, Admiral."
"Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses."
"He will join us or die, my master."
"Alert all commands. Calculate every possible destination along their last
known trajectory."
"Impressive. Most impressive. Obi-Wan has taught you well. You have controlled your fear. Now, release your anger. Only your hatred can destroy me."
"The force is with you, young Skywalker, but you are not a Jedi yet."
"What is thy bidding, my master?"
"When I left you I was but the learner. Now I am the master."

Darth Vader: "Hey guys. I get the implicit faith thing, I'm down with that...I really am. But, the assumption of Mary...I mean...seriously..."

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Darth Vader: "Did you say Tridentine or Tatooine? I couldn't quite make that out...I was on the inhale portion of my labored breathing..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back