Future justification denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poimen

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
Lately I've been reading The Current Justification Controversy by O. Palmer Robertson. I thought I would share this interesting and helpful quote with you:

"œEssential to "˜justification´ is the forgiveness of sins, yet the unbeliever certainly will not be forgiven at the last day. The believer already stands justified. The cleansing forgiveness associated with sanctification hardly will be needed by the saints who already will have been changed into the glorious likeness of Christ at his appearing.
Indeed a "˜vindication´ of the status of the believer shall occur at the last judgment. He shall be "œopenly acknowledged, and acquitted in the day of judgment" (Shorter Catechism Q. 38). But in that vindication, good works arising from repentance shall function only as fruit and evidence of the unshakable status of justification which had been realized at the moment of believing."

-O. Palmer Robertson, The Current Justification Controversy. Unicoi, Tennessee: The Trinity Foundation, 2003. Pages 21-22.

Originally posted by Me Died Blue
:ditto:

...except for the fact that the book was published by the Trinity Foundation! :bigsmile:

Even so, :up:

The truth sometimes comes from the most 'unlikely' quarters doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back