FV on the PCA= the "sect" of "that clown Sproul," "antichrists," a "pack of liars"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEAGOON

Puritan Board Freshman
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

When we first commented on the Lampooning of the PCA discipline process at the most recent Auburn Avenue Pastors Conference, noting the obvious lack of respect it indicated, a few FV apologists were quick to say it was all in good fun. Then Mark Horne a PCA minister and signer of the "Joint Federal Vision Statement" blogged in response comparing the FV men to Jesus and those involved in the process against the FV to Pharisees on their way to hell. Apparently this is why the FV men were right in refusing "to take them and their judgments on him seriously" and for not showing "the respect or the love for them."

Now James Jordan, one of the chief architects of the FV and another signer of the Joint FV Statement, in comments he made here has made very clear what the FV opinion of the "gaggle of fools" (the PCA) and its discipline process is, and indicated beyond all possible contradiction that the Rubber Nose treatment was not lighthearted Jovian pranksterism.

NotJBJ.jpg

Here then are some lowlights from Federal Vision Joint Statement Signer, Recent Auburn Avenue Speaker, and the"godfather of the Federal Vision" Jim Jordan's opinions of the PCA:

Blogger James Jordan said...

The actions of the Star Judicial Chamber of the PCA are so openly wicked and evil, and so totally tyrannical, that is makes the Papacy look like small potatoes by comparison. All Christians in all kinds of churches should be appalled by this tyranny, and it is certainly fine for Armstrong, myself, and others to comment on it.

If you men cannot recognize the actions of this Star Chamber as tyranny and evil, you are really beyond help. The presbytery has twice examined Wilkins and said he is not out of accord with the Confession. Since this was not the "verdict" desired by the antichrists of the Star Chamber, they threaten the presbytery! I stand by my words. These actions are nothing less than demonic, and evidence that the PCA is being given over. The very fact that the PCA would set up such a Star Chamber, which is beyond appeal, is more evidence. Not even the Papacy has such power, nor claims such power. And you men cannot see this? You are blind, and need to pray for salvation from bondage. Also, the fact that the ignorant PCA GA blindly voted to accept the distortions and downright lies of the FV Report is only evidence that these men are easily misled and are too busy to investigate matters for themselves. The PCA is now virtually a tyranny, and I'm overwhelmingly happy not to be part of it.

This is a joke, right? The PCA committee, stacked from the start, produces a series of easily-provable lies, allows virtually no time for discussion so that not only FV person even gets to the mike, and you want to defend this? My language is not over the top. It is very mild. And if you are offended, good. Those of you who lie repeatedly about the beliefs of ordained ministers of Christ, and who rape and divide His church, are going to hear far worse in time to come.

Whenever someone points out liars, he's obnoxious. Goes with the territory. The PCA committee was a pack of liars. The discussion at GA was a joke. I'm not PCA. I wasn't there. I saw it online. I saw that clown Sproul lie about the FV, and I saw the cowardly committee try and explain why they did not interview anyone, and I saw them lie and say they had actually read and studied the supposed FV material. All out there for the world to see. No fear of God before their eyes. What I gather bothers you is that people outside the PCA can see this abomination and the tyranny of your evil Star Chamber and can comment on it. Yes, we can. It's appalling. Luther was treated far better. But I assure you, lying about God's ministers and tearing up the bride of Christ is far more serious than being seen as obnoxious on some blog.

Well, this is now just a joke. If you don't think Sproul is a clown, you obviously did not watch his performance at GA. I don't need to interview him. He clowned around quite clearly in front of everyone. For the rest, you chaps clearly are not interested in the Bible and the Reformed confessions, so there's no point in continuing with you. And, you clearly despise Presbyterian church government, since the LA Presbytery has TWICE investigated Wilkins and found no ground for charges. You are not presbyterians at all. I wash my hands of you. Be offended as much as you want. If you wish to be treated with respect, cease your contemptable behavior.

The idiocy continues. Justification by faith alone has nothing to do with the FV matter, since all FV exponents affirm completely and wholeheartedly the historic protestant and Reformed doctrine of justification by faith alone. No matter how many times you men repeat your lies, we shall stand up and call you liars and rebuke your wickedness.

As for the Star Chamber, it's true that the PCA, like a gaggle of fools, set this evil thing in place. It's the opposite of any kind of Biblical and presbyterian government, as anyone can see, and it's going to be pointed out as such by many more than Armstrong and myself.

You have to be amazed at the morality of the gods of the PCA. Among normal decent people, if you said I was beating my wife, and I said, "No, I'm not," that would be it. Innocent until proven guilty. Not in the PCA. No, there has to be an investigation. So, the investigation conducted by those nearest to me comes back and says, "Nope, he's not beating his wife." Among normal decent people that would be enough.

But not for the gods of the PCA. No, they demand another investigation. The second investigation, by people close to me who know me, comes back and says, "Nope, he's not beating his wife." Now among normal decent people that would be more than enough. But not for you evil men, and not for your gods. Your gods come back and say, "Either find this man guilty of beating his wife or we will cut you out of our denomination." THAT's the PCA.

You regard your sect as a church of Jesus Christ? It is about like the church of Sardis, and EVERYONE CAN SEE IT!

You should really step back and take a look at your collective appalling behavior -- your misrepresentations, your character assassinations, your lies, and your tyrannies -- and do something about it; because if you don't, the Lord of the Church most certainly will do something about it.
=========================================

As I've said before, the discussion phase is clearly over. These men have nothing but contempt and vitriol and incredibly offensive insults for any denomination or individual that opposes their will and ever-changing theological opinions. The fact that they remain in a denomination they brand a Pharisaical "sect" of "antichrists" and a "gaggle of fools" why on earth do they remain? Still, they seem determined to do so, and to cast their envenomed barbs from within, so there isn't going to be any other option other than to continue with the discipline process with as much patience and attention to doing things decently and order as possible.

Your Servant in Christ,

Pastor Andy Webb
Providence, Fayetteville

I've wondered in the past why James Jordan has the popularity he does with FV people: I'm wondering it again. Others I know would not descend to this. I hope they won't stand beside it now.

I agree with Randy, it's very sad. It's appalling, really.

Ok Stupid question alert, Can someone give me the cliff note version on this story please? WHo are the players and what is this about?:think:

Why anyone would pay any attention to this guy after what happened in Tyler is beyond me.

Is it possible that we could begin to delight in such things? That we are 'happy' that the FV is taking such a fall? I sense some ugliness in my heart...

It seems that the more we know (or think we know), the more strident we become. Lord grant that we cultivate the humility of those who know you and the grace to deal with those with whom we disagree.

Hi Daniel,

Is it possible that we could begin to delight in such things? That we are 'happy' that the FV is taking such a fall? I sense some ugliness in my heart...

I'm not happy about it, although I am glad that the dissimulation phase does seem to be nearing an end and we are now being treated to their honest opinions of us and our theology.

Personally, I just want this to be over, and the FV men in the PCA moved off to another denomination. After five years of this and the awful process of "trying to nail down theological jello," I've had my fill. I'm mystified that anyone wouldn't be able to see the "system" for what it is, at this point. Anyway, like every other conflict with error and heresy in church history, this one is ugly. The Arian conflict was ugly, the downgrade controversy was ugly, the English Civil war in which the Standards were birthed was exceedingly ugly. And yes, its always a conflict of sinful men vs. sinful men, the only difference between them being grace and the gospel, in and of themselves there usually isn't much difference and sometimes the "nice guys" are on the side of error. No one, for instance, argued that Machen was more of a "people person" than his opponents. In any event, Church discipline can be likened to the end of Old Yeller, its an awful, sad job but it has to be done.

Ok Stupid question alert, Can someone give me the cliff note version on this story please? WHo are the players and what is this about?:think:

Amen! For some of us non-Presbyterian types, is there a summary of the cast of characters and the controversy anywhere?

Amen! For some of us non-Presbyterian types, is there a summary of the cast of characters and the controversy anywhere?

Exactlywhat I was thinking. I know about the FV a tad, but I need to know what this barage of inflammatory rhetoric is all about. All this "Presbyterian- speak" is greek to me in situations like this. Must be some strange dialect and secret handshake involved. Kinda reminds me of the following..:lol:

International Order of Friendly Sons of the Raccoons
Arthur William Matthew "Art" Carney (1918/11/04 - 2003/11/09) and
Herbert John "Jackie" Gleason (1916/02/26 - 1987/06/24)
The Honeymooners

As part of the show, bus driver Ralph Kramden (Jackie Gleason) and sewer worker Ed Norton (Art Carney) were members of the Raccoon Lodge in Brooklyn, New York. The fraternity was called the International Order of Friendly Sons of the Raccoons, the International Order of Loyal Raccoons, or at times, the Royal Order of Raccoons. Founded by Toots Mondello and Herman Hildebrand in 1907, their motto was "E Pluribus Raccoon".
Bensonhurst chapter
Ralph and Ed belonged to Bensonhurst chapter which had a membership of 300. Their uniform, costing $35, was a double-breasted military jacket with oversized epaulets on each shoulder, white shirt, dark tie and a hat with a raccoon tail. Morris Fink, a sewer worker with Ed Norton, was the Grand High Exhalted Mystic Ruler. He wore three tails on his coonskin hat. George Williams was the president of the Bensonhurst Raccoons. Monthly dues were $2.
Official club greeting (Bylaws, sec. 2)
The handshake involved touching elbows (first right then left), followed by a "Woooooo" sounding cry as they wiggled the raccoon tail on their lodge hat. They ended by chorusing: "Brothers under the pelt."
Club songs
Alma Mater
From the hallowed streets of Greenpernt,
To the shores of Sheepshead Bay,
From the Verrazano Narrows,
To Canarsie across the way...
We have come together, one and all,
In fellowship to commune,
And to glorify the Grand Exalted
Brotherhood of Raccoons. [Howl] Marching song
In the West and in the East
There’s a mighty little beast
For courage there is no other.
When the chips are all at stake
We are proud to call him brother.
So with our noble tails entwined
And a spirit strong of mind
We'll have hearts that cannot melt.
In the forest, in the trees
On the land or seven seas
We're brothers under the pelt.
Raccoons, the noble Raccoons
Membership requirements (Bylaws, sec. 2)
- US citizen for the last six months
- have a public school diploma
- pay a $1.50 initiation fee.
Raccoon of the Year privileges
- Opening the first clam at the annual clambake
- Steering the boat on the annual ride up the Hudson River to Raccoon point.
- Free burial with spouse at Raccoon National Cemetery in Bismark, North Dakota.
- Opportunity to run for Grand High Exhalted Mystic Ruler.
- Throwing the first bag of water out of the hotel window at the Raccoon convention.
Lodge events
- Annual national conventions in Chicago and Minneapolis.
- Annual ride up the Hudson River to Raccoon point.
- Annual clambake.
- Annual fishing trip (wives not allowed)
- National Mambo dance championship.
- Annual Costume Party.
- Raccoon Lodge bowling team, the Hurricanes.
There was a $15 fee for each event.
Drinking toast
Fingers to fingers, thumbs to thumbs, watch out below, here she comes

I've wondered in the past why James Jordan has the popularity he does with FV people: I'm wondering it again. Others I know would not descend to this. I hope they won't stand beside it now.

Heidi,

Here are my thoughts on that question:

It would be interesting to me, though, if FV had been condemned in a more "civil" fashion what kind of proponents it would have. The fact is that, because it is such a pariah in the Reformed mainstream, that it tends to attract the militant. It actually speaks to the kind of people that flock to it when all the major NAPARC bodies are one-by-one condemning it. The folks left supporting it are all those that really know better - the truly converted that are smart enough to see that the rest of the Reformed Church has apostasized and only they are left to keep it together in their Confederation of micro-Churches.

Cast of Characters include, but are not limited to:

1. Doug Wilson
2. Steve Wilkins
3. Jeff Meyers
4. Mark Horne
5. John Barach
6. Norm Shepherd
7. James Jordan

These are some of the main characters you'll find on the internet. Wilkins, Meyers and Horne are all PCA TE's.

What Jordan is going off about is the examination of Steve Wilkins by the LA Presbyterian and the ruling by the PCA Standing Judicial Commission concerning that exam. I would recommend Bob Mattes blog (ReformedMusings) or Lane Kiesters blog (Greenbaggins) for some details on the proceedings. With these two sites you should get a big dose of Presbyterian polity in action!!

1. Doug Wilson
2. Steve Wilkins
3. Jeff Meyers
4. Mark Horne
5. John Barach
6. Norm Shepherd
7. James Jordan

These are some of the main characters you'll find on the internet. Wilkins, Meyers and Horne are all PCA TE's.

What Jordan is going off about is the examination of Steve Wilkins by the LA Presbyterian and the ruling by the PCA Standing Judicial Commission concerning that exam. I would recommend Bob Mattes blog (ReformedMusings) or Lane Kiesters blog (Greenbaggins) for some details on the proceedings. With these two sites you should get a big dose of Presbyterian polity in action!!

Thanks, I had heard plenty about the names of #1, 2 prior to this, and gotten the gist of the FV already. However, James Jordan was a new name for me. Isn't Norm Shepherd the fellow who was at the center of the controversy back in the 70's at Westminster? And, Lane is also serving on the committee(?) that is bringing the charges against the LA Presbyterian, right???

James B. Jordan is most closely associated with Biblical Horizons.

Hi Andrew,

Is James Jordan in the PCA, and if not, where is he? Someone needs some church discipline.

James Jordan is not PCA. My understanding (someone correct me if I'm wrong) is that Jim Jordan was ordained as an associate pastor in the ARC an association made up of two churches in Texas with a shared commitment to Christian Reconstructionism. Since then the ARC folded and Jordan joined the CREC, but not as the Pastor of a CREC church to my knowledge. Since he is merely espousing a "strong" version of the current CREC line on the PCA discipline process, he is not affiliated with any organization that could be expected to discipline him.

Translation, that cannon is not secured.

Your Servant in Christ,

Andy

Heidi,

It would be interesting to me, though, if FV had been condemned in a more "civil" fashion what kind of proponents it would have. The fact is that, because it is such a pariah in the Reformed mainstream, that it tends to attract the militant. It actually speaks to the kind of people that flock to it when all the major NAPARC bodies are one-by-one condemning it. The folks left supporting it are all those that really know better - the truly converted that are smart enough to see that the rest of the Reformed Church has apostasized and only they are left to keep it together in their Confederation of micro-Churches.

Excellent reminder that bad behaviour on the orthodox side may have served to feed the fire.

If anyone ever wants to see a fine example of how the orthodox can intereact firmly but graciously in a theological dispute, I can send you a link to an archive at Wilson's blog, where Drs. Alan Strange and Nelson Kloosterman defended Mid America's Statement on Justification against Wilson's attack. They did so maturely, graciously, even as they were brutally accused by a number of FV-ers.

Would that all of us would emulate these fine men.

I respect the MARS men. Frankly, I think it a mistake to put much focus on the sporting of the funny glasses and noses.
images
This FV thing is in process; leave the Groucho impersonations for fodder for the attack blogs, anonymous or otherwise.:um:

1. Doug Wilson
2. Steve Wilkins
3. Jeff Meyers
4. Mark Horne
5. John Barach
6. Norm Shepherd
7. James Jordan

Thank you, but what is the Star Judicial Chamber and why is this Jordan going off about those on the committee? Prematurely after reading these remarls by Jordan, I am led to believe those on the SJC are acting in a manner the is unprofitable. Can I assume this?

Dr. Clark,

As always, your summary (cf. Davidius above) was most enlightening. What a GREAT abstract of the dispute! I also greatly appreciated your expanded bibliography on the FV. I was mainly wondering about the PCA fight and why Jordan was slamming Sproul, et. al. Obviously, the PCA does not buy the FV nonsense. Was the "due process" used (regarding LA) fair or does Jordan have a legitimate point in his rant?

It seems that the more we know (or think we know), the more strident we become. Lord grant that we cultivate the humility of those who know you and the grace to deal with those with whom we disagree.
:agree: Agree wholeheartedly - a sin I struggle with myself.

Heidi,

Excellent reminder that bad behaviour on the orthodox side may have served to feed the fire.

If anyone ever wants to see a fine example of how the orthodox can intereact firmly but graciously in a theological dispute, I can send you a link to an archive at Wilson's blog, where Drs. Alan Strange and Nelson Kloosterman defended Mid America's Statement on Justification against Wilson's attack. They did so maturely, graciously, even as they were brutally accused by a number of FV-ers.

Thank you, both. Mr. Van Der Molen, could you possibly provide that link in this thread or send it to me U2U? To my knowledge, Rev. Wilson seems to have generally 'played fair' in debate though some people who comment on his blog tend to be about as -ungraciously rabid as some on the other side. One wishes all that kind of clamour would cease as it only serves to obscure what's worth being heard.

Thank you, but what is the Star Judicial Chamber and why is this Jordan going off about those on the committee? Prematurely after reading these remarls by Jordan, I am led to believe those on the SJC are acting in a manner the is unprofitable. Can I assume this?
NO, you can not assume this.

It is not the Star Judicial Chamber either. It is the Standing Judicial Commission.

You can read more about it here.
PCA Indictment of Lousiana Presbytery « Reformed Musings
Reformed Musings

Heidi,

Thank you, both. Mr. Van Der Molen, could you possibly provide that link in this thread or send it to me U2U? To my knowledge, Rev. Wilson seems to have generally 'played fair' in debate though some people who comment on his blog tend to be about as -ungraciously rabid as some on the other side. One wishes all that kind of clamour would cease as it only serves to obscure what's worth being heard.

Here's the link:

BLOG and MABLOG

Yes, generally Wilson plays fair, but here he was over the line charging Mid America with violating the 9th commandment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back