FVer attempts to equate Presbyterians (PCA) with medieval Romanists...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was completely lost reading those two posts - Reformed Gnosticism? Conservative Presbyterians as Papists? I'm sure he had a point to make and maybe it has some merit - but I couldn't find any coherent argument behind his absurd, hyperbolic assertions....

The only thing that I found worthwhile to some extent was the 'internet slander' bit. But that was extremely ironic, considering that seemed to be the entire point of Jordan's article--slandering and inflaming the opposition.

I will say that I have known the shoe to be on the other foot as well. I have a dear friend who has been cruelly hurt by being painted as a 'Federal Vision' supporter and a heretic, over his repeated objections that he does not believe or teach what he is reported to believe and teach. At this point, I think he has just given up arguing, because he figures people have already made their minds up and nothing that he says makes any difference--people believe what they read online.

But Jordan isn't helping either. I mean, this is obviously a guy looking for a fight (and a fight on the internet) and then claiming persecution when he gets one.

This Star Judicial Chamber has exercised its power to threaten to dissolve the Louisiana Presbytery if it did not fail to condemn the teachings of one of its members — after the Presbytery itself had twice exhonerated him.

As an aside: I'm getting lost in all the negatives in this sentence in the article. The SJC would dissolve the Louisiana Presbytery 'if it did not fail to condemn'. So they would get dissolved unless they supported the guy? After they had already exhonerated him? I don't get it ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back