Game Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going with UConn to win it all.... but if Duke beats UConn today, I'm not watching the championship game. I can't bear to watch a Duke national championship.

Half Time

Georgia up by 7
Oklahoma is not looking well............if they don't pick it up and act like a final 4 team they are gonna be cooked.

[Edited on 4-3-2004 by Scott Bushey]

A Ga Tech/UConn game would be sweet. Tech beat UConn at the beginning of the season, and it would be a great rematch. I hope that Okafor stays healthy throughout the Duke game. I'm not sure Duke's big men can handle him, although Sheldon Williams has some game inside. Also, UConn needs to contain Luou Deng... he is the X-factor for Duke, I believe. Brown and Gordon should be able to take care of Reddick and Duhon. Wow, this should be a great game.

If GA Tech wins my Pastor, a GATech alumni, will win the pool he is running. No money, just braggin rights.:broccoli:

I'm gonna go with Duke (Sorry, Craig). If Duke loses tonight, I'll be routing for UConn on Monday.

This first game tonight is pretty good. I think Oklahoma will probably win tonight, but its gonna be a close one.

Bob

Congratulations, Scott. See ya later, Dukies! :tongue:

And I will definitely be watching the championship game Monday night.

Scott,

Hide! You are in great danger! As a former resident of Atlanta, I know of what I write! You have called Georgia TECH "Georgia"! Yellow Jackets don't like Bulldogs! Hide! HIDE!!!!!

:zapped:

[b:73cdac0983]Gregg wrote:[/b:73cdac0983]
A group of Bouncies posted to prevent people from jumping bandwagons.
:bouncing::bouncing::bouncing::bouncing::bouncing:

:tongue::gj::tongue:____________:getnowhere:
[Creating a diversion]-------------------[Climbing onboard]

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by blhowes]

And the Huskies win what was one of the absolute worst NCAA championship games in history. At the end of the game, I felt very little joy for the Huskies or frustration for the Jackets. The game was played so sloppy and lacked the performance and finesse that you expect from the teams that make it all the way to the final showdown. Okafor played well, but both UConn and Tech disappointed me. What the heck was Tech thinking at the end of the game? UConn began milking the clock halfway through the second half, which was the perfect time for Tech to make a run because UConn struggles the with the slower pace game. But no, they waited until the final minute to start shooting 3's. They hit 4 out of 5 3's in the final minute, but too little too late. And someone tell me why Tech was not fouling until it was already too late? C'mon. That's just basic basketball 101. When you're down, you send the other team to the line with the clock stopped. Force them to hit their free throws. It may have been inexperience on the part of the players, but that was just bad coaching on the part of Paul Hewitt. Blame the players, but blame the coach more, I say. This was NOT the game for Tech to come unprepared.

But congratulations to Jim Calhoun on his second career NCAA title, and to the Huskies who have won two titles in six seasons. Ya gotta love college hoops.

[b:4952d2ac78]Craig wrote:[/b:4952d2ac78]
And the Huskies win what was one of the absolute worst NCAA championship games in history...

Well, I'm glad the Huskies won and, from Craig's description of the second half, I'm glad I fell asleep at half-time...But, like they say, a win is a win!! Congratulations Huskies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back