G'day from Brisbane, Australia

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ch0zen, Mar 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ch0zen

ch0zen Puritan Board Freshman

G'day folks,

I really should be writing my university assignment on Justification. But if there's something that I love almost as much as study, it's procrastination.

I'm Josh B. Husband to Hailey. I've been reading some of the PB's public posts for a few months now, and I'm really keen to interact with what seems to be a very 'well thought' reformed community. Myself, well I'm quite juvenile in my theology.

View attachment 2757

I am employed by the Australian Army. I have been a combat medic since 2006, however in 2011 the Army sponsored me to study a Bachelor of Theology with the intention of becoming a military chaplain.

Part of my training is to work as a Ministry Student at my church, which is 'Creek Road Presbyterian Church'.

I'm really looking forward to becoming a part of the PB community.

Brotherly Blessings. JOSH

2. Reformedfellow

Reformedfellow Puritan Board Freshman

G'day brother Josh!
    Welcome brother. I heard that, *ahem*, "Jesus" is now among you Aussies in Queensland (I believe) along with Mary Magdalene. I just got the buzz from various internet watchdog sites I subscribe to. Is it being widely covered there in Australia in the media still? I know that many got worried at the ominous signs of purchasing up land and building their compound way out in the bush.

3. Curt

Curt Puritan Board Graduate

Welcome aboard, Josh. I've never been to Australia, but I've been to WA.

4. MLCOPE2

MLCOPE2 Puritan Board Junior

:welcome: to the board!

5. Unoriginalname

Unoriginalname Puritan Board Junior

:welcome:

6. Peairtach

Peairtach Puritan Board Doctor

G'day from Perth, Scotland :cheers2:

7. ch0zen

haha. Yeah "Jesus" is apparently only a couple hours drive from me. Himself, his disciples and I think his 3rd Mary are cooped up in a isolated compound. I almost fell for it.. :p but when he openly acknowledged his sin on TV... i knew something was up :)

8. rbcbob

rbcbob Puritan Board Graduate

Welcome!

9. baron

baron Puritan Board Graduate

Welcome!

10. jwithnell

jwithnell Moderator Staff Member

Hi there! We have a lovely couple from "down under" in our church.

11. Somerset

Somerset Puritan Board Junior

Welcome. You missed a vital piece of information from your opening post - are you a cricket fan?

12. Berean

Berean Puritan Board Doctor

Welcome to the PB, Josh. :welcome:

13. Martin

Martin Puritan Board Freshman

:welcome:

14. GulfCoast Presbyterian

GulfCoast Presbyterian Puritan Board Junior

Welcome to the PB!

15. Josh Williamson

Josh Williamson Puritan Board Freshman

G'day Josh!

Good to see another Aussie on the board. I'm originally from Brisbane, but now am at Goulburn. You state you are studying a Bth, are you studying at QTC? (I picked up a post-grad subject there, and have many friends doing Bth there).

- Josh

16. ch0zen

yeah, i love cricket. it's pretty cool to go and watch my youth-group boys play. often it's a better standard than the Australian team, they are so up and down and the moment :)

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

Josh Williamson... I'm pretty cure I've heard your name thrown around. I'm second year at QTC. Doing the same Army program as Dan Cassidy. (Everyone knows Dan). My wife and I have stayed in Goulburn a couple of times when we drive to Melbourne.

It's a small (cyber) world...

Cheers. JOSH

17. Edward

Edward Puritan Board Doctor

Greetings.

18. Josh Williamson

Josh B.

Not sure if that's a good thing that you've heard my name thrown around... You'd probably know a good mate of mine, Keith Rochford, I believe he is second year now.

19. ch0zen

I couldn't tell you where I have heard your name, so that would suggest it's only good stuff :) And Yeah I know Keith and Sasha. Enjoy hanging out with Keith around the college. What gig have you landed down in Goulburn?

20. dudley

dudley Puritan Board Post-Graduate

Welcome to the PB Josh! Happy you can join us.

21. Josh Williamson

Joshua - I'm currently the minister of Goulburn Baptist Church, so that's why I am down here. Next time you see Keith make sure you give him a hard time for me. :)

22. Rufus

Rufus Puritan Board Junior

Welcome. Good luck in the military chaplaincy :).

23. Ruby

Ruby Puritan Board Junior

G'day Josh!
    from Julie in Rockhampton.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.