Genevan Psalter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much for pointing out this resource. I hope that more Reformed and Presbyterian brethren will rediscover this amazing heritage!

The Book of Praise Anglo Genevan Psalter is a wonderful hymnbook. Singing Psalms in the authentic Genevan melodies of the sixteenth century is refreshing
I hope the Canadian Reformed Church stands by their Anglo Genevan Psalter as they move toward closer fellowship with the United Reformed Church.

Thank You! I have a question regarding Church's use of the Psalter since I don't attend one. How many of your churches use the Split Psalter with the Psalms separate from the Tunes? I haven't seen one since I attended the Faith Free Presbyterian Church in Greenville, SC.

Thank You! I have a question regarding Church's use of the Psalter since I don't attend one. How many of your churches use the Split Psalter with the Psalms separate from the Tunes? I haven't seen one since I attended the Faith Free Presbyterian Church in Greenville, SC.

All congregations of the Presbyterian Reformed Church (Columbus, IN excepted) use a split leaf Psalter, and that would be either The Psalms in Metre (Irish) or The Scottish Psalmody, published by the Free Church of Scotland. In Columbus they use The Comprehensive Psalter. All of these Psalm books contain the text of the 1650 Scottish Psalter; the Irish one includes alternative versions for some Psalms.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back