Geoffrey Wilson - New Testament Commentaries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayflower

Puritan Board Junior
* New Testament Commentaries Vol 1 - Romans to Ephesians
* New Testament Commentaries Vol 2 - Philipians to Hebrews and Revelation

The Banner of Trth, has publish them, does anyone read or has this commentary ? Is it worthy to buy ?

It is a compact commentary, goes quickly through each book treated, usually brief explanation on a single verse (or two) or part of a verse, and one or two relevant quotes from Reformed authors. Nothing linguistic or minute (unless highlly relevant to that brief explanation) and then not very complicated. The whole commentary is only a few hundred pages. but there is a lot of good there, especially in the choice quotes.

I have found it very useful. I have it in parts, all except for the volume on Colossians/Philemon (which was out of print when I bought them).

Originally posted by Contra_Mundum
The whole commentary is only a few hundred pages. but there is a lot of good there, especially in the choice quotes.I

Thanks for the information, i read that eah volume has like 600 pages.

Originally posted by Mayflower
The whole commentary is only a few hundred pages. but there is a lot of good there, especially in the choice quotes.I

I think Bruce means that each individual volume is only 150-200 pages long, therefore making the whole set 600 pages.

Originally posted by Draught Horse
Originally posted by Mayflower

I think Bruce means that each individual volume is only 150-200 pages long, therefore making the whole set 600 pages.

Thanks, that clear! So do you think it's worthy to buy, if you have already commentaries like Calvin, Gill, Henry, Geneva ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back