George Gillespie's dying plea to the people of God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regi Addictissimus

Completely sold out to the King
George_GillespieFor web.jpg

The words below were written two days before Gillespie went home to be with Christ.

...for my own exoneration, that so necessary a truth want not the testimony of a dying witness of Christ, also the unworthiest among many thousands; and that light may be held forth, and warning given, I cannot be silent, at this time; but speak by my pen, when I cannot by my tongue, yea, now, also by the pen of another, when I cannot by my own, seriously, in the name of Jesus Christ, exhorting, and obtesting all that fear God and make conscience of their ways, to be very tender and circumspect, to watch and pray that they be not ensnared in that great dangerous sin of conjunction, or compliance with malignant, or profane enemies of the truth, under whatsoever prudential considerations it may be varnished over, which, if men will do, and trust God in his own way, they shall not only not repent it, but to the greater joy and peace of God’s people, they shall see his work go on and prosper gloriously.

Gillespie, George. Testimony-Bearing Exemplified. Paisley: Printed by John Neilson, 1791. Print.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back