Gifted Preachers of 20th and 21st Centuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish Presbyterian

Puritan Board Freshman
I apologize if this post has been done many times before.

I just wanted to ask the PBers which preachers you think were especially gifted of God in their preaching ministry in the 20th and 21st Centuries.

Here are some of my suggestions (in no particular order).

British:

1. D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones
2. John Stott
3. Dick Lucas
4. William Still
5. James Philips
6. Eric Alexander
7. Ian Hamilton
8. David Jackman
9. Alan Stibbs
10. Sinclair Ferguson

American:

1. James Montgomery Boice
2. Al Martin
3. John Piper
4. Philip Ryken
5. Tim Keller

I would second Martyn Lloyd-Jones and believe the term 'Prince of Preachers' is as fitting for him as it was for Spurgeon.

New Zealand has one very gifted preacher - Wally Behan. He moves in the Reformed Anglican tradition.

What about Paul Washer for the states?

I think no matter what the list we come out with, it will just be the tip of the iceberg. There are tons of preachers who are extremely gifted but don't have such a public platform. I'm sure we have some of those here on the PB.

My own Pastor: Charles R. Biggs! :scholar:

http://www.sermonaudio.com/search.asp?mediatype=PDF&SpeakerOnly=true&currSection=sermonsspeaker&keyword=Rev.^Charles^R.^Biggs

I would add John MacArthur and Paul Washer... I may not agree with them on all but they are sure staunch gospel proclaimers!

Already stated: John MacArthur. His GTY radio program is broadcast in many countries including mine.

I'm glad folks mentioned Al Martin, MacArthur, and Azurdia. Those were the three "more popular" names I was going to add as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back