Gloom and doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

Puritan Board Senior
Just watched a very long 90 minutes of football from Easter Road. It was mostly one way traffic and it took some desperate defending from Hearts. It was 1-1 at the time and my confidence was growing in a win for the Jambos but they gave away a stupid needless penalty and that, as they say, was that. I cannot believe how daft some defenders can be. That's only Hibs second derby win at home in 16 attempts so I suppose they had to win sometime. Just a shame it was tonight.

:barfy: :down: Judging from our conversations on a certain social network site, Backwoods Presbyterian is feeling rather :smug:

Oh well, I suppose beating a team full of teenagers counts as a great achievement for a small club like Hibs. :stirpot:

Just remember, Stuart, "Since 1902! Since 1902! You've not won the big cup since 1902!" :)

123828-historic-squad-a-rare-image-of-hibs-1902-cup-winning-side-from-the-leith-observer.jpg

Ha! Yes I'll take the win. I knew it had been a while since Hibs had won at home in the derby. It was a fun match to watch with action up and down the pitch for the whole 90.

GGTTH

Well I suppose if you were a neutral you would think it was nice to see small clubs that haven't won cups for a long time beat bigger clubs on odd occasions.

Ha! Yes I'll take the win. I knew it had been a while since Hibs had won at home in the derby. It was a fun match to watch with action up and down the pitch for the whole 90.

GGTTH
I thought you were joking when you said you supported Hibs. Why not Rangers, or Hearts whose entire 1st team volunteered in 1914, or even Airdrie.

GGTTH
I thought you were joking when you said you supported Hibs. Why not Rangers, or Hearts whose entire 1st team volunteered in 1914, or even Airdrie.

I've been supporting Hibs since the early 1990's when the internet first opened European football to American audiences and I don't really recall why I started pulling for them.

GGTTH

I've been supporting Hibs since the early 1990's when the internet first opened European football to American audiences and I don't really recall why I started pulling for them.

Don't worry, you should not feel the need to apologise for your youthful errors :lol:

GGTTH

Don't worry, you should not feel the need to apologise for your youthful errors :lol:

:coffee:

My hometown team was in the Championship for a few years. When I moved to America they were obviously incredibly sad and demotivated and so are now at the bottom of League Two. So football is not at all interesting to me anymore. Also, why did they have to rename the divisions? What on earth is a league?

My hometown team was in the Championship for a few years. When I moved to America they were obviously incredibly sad and demotivated and so are now at the bottom of League Two. So football is not at all interesting to me anymore. Also, why did they have to rename the divisions? What on earth is a league?

I'd be interested to know what your hometown team was.

In England the teams were renamed a number of years ago. Instead of divisions 1-4 it became premiership, championship, league 1 & 2. If you were in the old fourth division then it would sound much better to be in league 2. In Scotland the same pattern was followed this sason for the first time although the Scottish premier league predates the Engish version by 17 years.

Plymouth Argyle. Last time they were in the non-specially named divisions whilst I still lived there, they were still called divisions!

I have been to see Plymouth Argyle at home. A few years ago we were on holiday near Torquay and went along you see Plymouth on the first game of the season. I remember my son even buying a Plymouth football top. They were in the Championship at the time but by the end of the season were relegated.

We were back in the same place the following year and this time went to see Exeter City who were in League 1 (old division 3). It was also the first game of the new season and they too ended up relegated by the end of the season.

I have been to see Plymouth Argyle at home. A few years ago we were on holiday near Torquay and went along you see Plymouth on the first game of the season. I remember my son even buying a Plymouth football top. They were in the Championship at the time but by the end of the season were relegated.

We were back in the same place the following year and this time went to see Exeter City who were in League 1 (old division 3). It was also the first game of the new season and they too ended up relegated by the end of the season.

If you are in the west country any other August please go to see Bristol Rovers!

If you are in the west country any other August please go to see Bristol Rovers!

Just bear in mind that I have attended 3 English league games and 1 FA cup tie. Of the three home league teams, they all got relegated. In the 3rd or 4th round FA cup tie I attended, the home team went onto win the cup (Spurs in 1981)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back