God is ready and willing to help us

Status
Not open for further replies.

MW

Puritanboard Amanuensis
Thomas Boston, Works, 2:563:

God is ready and willing to help us, and we should come to him in that confidence; Matt. 7:11, “If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?” We should pour out our hearts into his bosom, in full confidence of his pity. Whom can a child expect help of, if not of a father? But no father has the bowels of compassion that God has towards his own. If the mother’s tenderness towards the child be ordinarily greater than that of the father’s, yet the Lord is still more; Isa. 49:15, 16, “Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands, thy walls are continually before me.” And there is no such present help as he is.

What a wonderful encouragement. How do we put this into practice with our elders & ministers? God has placed them there for our care - but how should we regulate what we take only to God vs. what we also take to the under shepherds. Especially if we are fearful of overloading them at times.

God has a plan for us we just need to ready to do what He wants of us.

As Stephen Charnock says, “If God be Almighty, he can want nothing; all want speaks weakness.”

The Lord does not speak in respect of want. His sufficiency teaches us to say, "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want."

God's plan for us shall certainly come to pass. He will do all His pleasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back