Godefridus Udeman on defending God's name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regi Addictissimus

Completely sold out to the King
udemansmall.jpg

"Do we defend God’s honor when His name is slandered? If we are true children of God, we will fight for His honor as a loving child does for the honor of his father. As Psalm 69:9 says, “For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me.” Psalm 42:10 says, “As with a sword in my bones, mine enemies reproach me; while they say daily unto me, Where is thy God?” Note that we should examine ourselves to see whether we reprove some godless and shameless people with bitterness or abuse rather than with a serious face and a moving heart. For Psalm 119:136 says, “Rivers of waters run down mine eyes, because they keep not thy law.” Psalm 51:13 adds, “Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee” (see also 2 Tim. 2:24). We should endeavor to teach in the spirit of meekness those who sin out of ignorance (Gal. 6:1). On the other hand, we are not forbidden to be firm with people who have often been reproved and are bought by Satan to continue to do evil. See the example of Elymas the sorcerer in Acts 13:10."
- Godefridus Udemans. An Exposition of the Lord's Prayer in The Practice of Faith, Hope, and Love. Reformation Heritage Books. http://bit.ly/UdemansRHB

Note: Can a mod add an "s" to Udeman in the thread title? Thanks.

Attachments

• Udeman.jpg
    Udeman.jpg
    621.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back