God's Eternal Election, Sovereignty, & Providence

Status
Not open for further replies.

NB3K

Puritan Board Sophomore
[Please correct me if I am wrong]

God's Eternal Election, Sovereignty, & Providence is the heart of the love of God. People that disagree with this, only show that they do not know God, nor do they know what Love is because God is Love.

By not allowing man to determine his fate, God shows His love for wretched sinners by adopting before the foundations of the world who would be His Children. And since God is the Creator and man is His creation, God has all right reserved to Him who will be in eternal damnation. Eternal damnation is key for the full praise of His glorious grace, which He has bestowed on us His Sheep.

By God's Sovereignty, we His Sheep, who are called according to His purpose, can rest fully assured that nothing can happen to us, but what God has planned to happen to us for our own good, because God reigns! What does it mean that God reigns? It means that all things are under the subjection of God. Nothing can escape His hand. Even though we may suffer, we know that God sends us both evil and good, for the purpose of receiving praise which is due to Him Alone!

By God's Providence, we can look and see His will in this world. Eventhough man has corrupted himself and has thrown himself against God to rage against His Majesty, we must never forget that all things come to pass by God's loving hand. And even to the extent that wicked men are created for the sole purpose of being moulded as "Vessles of Wrath" being "fitted for Destruction", and like Moses sang after the destruction of Pharaoh and his army, THAT OUR GOD IS A MAN OF WAR! That we are not to describe anything to "chance' or "fate" but that when we look into the world, WE MUST BE FULLY ASSURED THAT ALL OF HISTORY HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT THE REVEALATION OF GOD'S SECRET AND ETERNAL WILL!

You might enjoy reading a small book by D.A. Carson entitled The Difficult Doctrine of the Love of God.

I will get the kindle version when my wife allows me funds for the library. If you have not read, A.W. Pink's Sovereignty of God, R.C. Sproul's Chosen By God, and John Calvin's The secret providence of God, you must go and gather them quickly they are filled with such sweet and good fruit,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back