God's Grace and Man's Free Will - by William Perkins - New ebook and Hardback

Status
Not open for further replies.

C. Matthew McMahon

Christian Preacher
William Perkins (1558–1602) is awesome. One of the first Puritans I ever posted at A Puritan's Mind was Perkins after reading the old English copies of "The Causes of Salvation and Damnation" (which I'm working to update now). Not a whole lot has been reprinted by Perkins. I kept hearing, in 2005, that such and such is working on it, that this publisher or that publisher was working on it....here we are 8 years later and still, no Perkins. Some original works in archaic English have been "facsimilized" into a book, but there are no good modern reprints of "The Works of William Perkins" until now in these individual treatises.

I'm working on quite a few. These are some of the best theologically thought through treatises in print, anywhere, for any time. And Perkins deals with important theological and practical issues that should be understood by Christians in every age. And, they've been updated to reflect easier reading.

This first one is called "A Treatise of God’s Free Grace and Man’s Free Will".

Guess what it covers...God's Free Grace (salvation by grace alone) and Man's Free Will (that free will is a myth and is shown to be subjected to the will of God).

"All the goodness we have and all we can do that is pleasing to God, is wholly in Scripture ascribed to God." William Perkins

Classic.

eBook: Mobi, ePub and PDF pack:
A Treatise of God's Free Grace and Man's Free Will - by William Perkins: At the Puritan Shop

Kindle Instant Download:
A Treatise of God's Free Grace and Man's Free Will: William Perkins: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

Hardback:
A Treatise of God's Free Grace and Man's Free Will by William Perkins (Hardcover)

View attachment 2866

His work ''The GOlden chain'' is the best short piece of systematic theology I've ever read. Brevity and richness is they style of Mr. Perkins.

Yes, I may have to agree with that. Now just think, The Golden Chain....easy to read and understand....

It takes a long while to place archaic old English into readable updated English that makes sense. Sentences are backwards, etc. But it will be sweet when its done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back