Good books on Joy and Peace in the Christian life and in one's relationship with God

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddpedlar

Iron Dramatist
Hi all -

People keep passing on suggestions to my wife of "Captivating" by the Eldredges (gag) as the best book on recovering joy and satisfaction in the Christian walk, and particularly in one's relationship with God.. and I can't believe there's nothing better out there than that blasphemous pap.

Anyone have any orthodox and sound treatments of joy and fulfillment in Christ from a Reformed perspective? Surely there must be something out there that addresses these topics in a reasonable way.

Thanks in advance

Are you looking for works especially geared towards those who are downcast, or just works regarding joy in the Christian life in general?

The first books that came to mind were Piper's "When I Don't Desire God", Burroughs' "Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment", and Bridge's "Lifting Up For The Downcast".

The book of Philippians.

Subservient thereto, Lloyd Jones' sermons on Philippians are sound and profitable as usual. I think his books are called "life of joy" and "life of peace."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back