Good churches in the Toronto area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asking

Inactive User
Hey, a friend of mine up in Toronto is looking for a good church, and I don't know what to recommend. I am wondering if anyone on here has any idea about good churches in Toronto. Thanks.

Welcome to the Board!

What area of Toronto does your frined live in? It's a big town, and takes about an hour to drive through on the expressway.

There is an OCRC in Nobleton. There is a RPCNA congregation meeting at Tyndale College. Richard Davis of this Board goes to a CanRC. I'm not sure where that is.

I'm not aware of any more than that. I've heard that there is a URC church there, but I don't know anything about it.

[Edited on 3-10-2004 by JohnV]

My friend attends the University of Toronto. I am not familiar with the area. Thanks for the suggestions so far, I will pass them on.

I used to attend Jarvis Street Baptist Church. T.T. Shields was its pastor for a long time. I attended under the gentleman that replaced him, and he is now deceased.

I haven't been there since the 70's. However, they are Reformed. They are a center-city church.

As a Torontonian, I can vouch that there are a number of good Reformed churches in the Greater Toronto Area. As the Reformed church is fairly new to Canada there are a lot of church plants and that's exciting.

Jarvis Street Baptist Church is very good. The pastor, Dr. Glendon Thompson is an excellent preacher. That church also operates Canada's only Reformed Bible College and Seminary, so there are a lot of young people around which is refreshing.

However if I were to reccomend any church in Toronto it would be Living Hope Reformed Presbyterian Church which is at Bayview and Steeles and meets in a Bible College classroom. I pastor, Kiernan Stringer is very dynamic and is committed to disipleship. I reccomend it without any reservation.

If your friend whats contact information anbout any GTA Reformed Church I know them all, pretty much and I'll be happy to help. Here's my email: [email protected]

Free presbyterian Church in Toronto

There is a fine Free Presbyterian Church in Toronto.

http://www.freepres.org

The Toronto congregation of the Canadian Reformed Church meets at Thornhill Presbyterian Church

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back