Good gospel tract sources or recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs. B-N

Puritan Board Freshman
Hello all, my sweet (11 year old) daughter has expressed a desire to share the gospel with her ballet class. She asked me about tracts which she would include with a small gift for Christmas. We have been looking and have not found anything that is suitable for tweens or in her words "don't contain enough scripture or the actual gospel". We're beginning to think that she is going to have to write her own (with Mom and Dad's help) and was wondering if there are any good online sources as a starting point for her to use as a model. Thanks in advance!

Hello all, my sweet (11 year old) daughter has expressed a desire to share the gospel with her ballet class. She asked me about tracts which she would include with a small gift for Christmas. We have been looking and have not found anything that is suitable for tweens or in her words "don't contain enough scripture or the actual gospel". We're beginning to think that she is going to have to write her own (with Mom and Dad's help) and was wondering if there are any good online sources as a starting point for her to use as a model. Thanks in advance!
You might want to look into the "Hosanna" tract from PTL. It isnt a specific tract per se, instead it is the Gospel of John in a booklet format. The reason the Hosanna tract may be appealing to a ballet class, is the feminine nature of the title. It may spark inquiry, which would lead to the text being read. And most of us know how captivating the Gospel of John is:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. There was a man sent from God whose name was John. He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe. He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light. The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

I think that is more than enough to captivate the mind of any tween.

hossana.jpg

https://www.chapellibrary.org/ has lots of great tracts and other literature that you can order for free. Highly recommended. Your daughter's desire to spread the Word is precious.

At the same time, the Word she is spreading and the Lord she desires to serve won't lead her to celebrate Christmas. It's important that we serve the Lord in his ways, not in our own.

May the Lord continue to bless and increase your daughter's zeal!

Afraid I don't have anything specific to that age group, but just wanted to comment that this is a wonderful thing and God bless her and keep her - and may He bless you also for bringing her up in such a strong faith. My father (Roman Catholic) did not bring me up in any kind of Christian teaching except going to church in fear of "indoctrinating" me. As I'm sure you know, there is no such thing as indoctrination in a negative sense when done in the true, orthodox, Christian faith. As someone who has missed out on this, I want to show my appreciation.
Not that you were planning on it, but never diminish your daughter's fervency. I am glad to hear that you are not limiting her from sharing the Good News in any way but seek for a more age-appropriate way of expressing it instead of just stopping her. My mother even discourages it despite me being an adult!
I do not write this in spite towards my parents, but in gratitude towards you and acknowledging that people like you still exist today. Thank you for your work in the Kingdom, and continue to bring up the next batch of Christians well, no matter how little impact you might have on the whole generation.
God bless!

Thank you for the recommendations, all. I already found a couple good ones.
I am thankful for my daughter's love for the Lord and her concern for the lives of her classmates. She is definitely not ashamed. As God would have it, my husband joined the Gideons tonight and we all went as a family to the welcome dinner. They had beautiful, periwinkle blue NT and Psalms. My daughter was able to gather enough for her two classes and teachers. She is going to write a personal letter with scripture to accompany the Bibles. Please pray for Scarlett and these precious middle school girls she'll be sharing God's Word with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back