Good Report from the RPCNA Conference in Indiana!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalvinandHodges

Puritan Board Junior
Hi:

Rev. James Faris reported on the RPCNA Conference:

Why was there a greater-than-25% increase in attendance at the RP International Conference this year compared to four years ago? A few possible reasons:

5. New location - a moderately shorter drive for most conferees - and, of course, the native beauty of Marion, Indiana.
4. Top notch campus facilities at IWU - personally advertised by those who attended synod there last year.
3. Dr. Joel Beeke as speaker.
2. Effective planning, advertising, and implementation by the conference administration team.
1. More than I ever remember in my life, people are simply happy to be RP - and newcomers say "this is the kind of place I want to call home!" Christ has blessed us with peace and unity in doctrine and practice. He has nurtured relationships between people as individuals, congregations, and presbyteries such that there is a robust spiritual culture in the church. He is doing great things in global missions, in our young people (aided by programs like TFY), through increasingly higher-quality publications (including a new Psalter that the church is embracing), in church-planting, at institutions like RPTS, and especially in local churches. Certainly, we're far, far from perfect and some are discouraged in their own situations, but on the whole, God has blessed us with rich and substantial progress and unity - and the attendance at the conference reflects that. Blessed be Jesus' name, and may our Lord give us more such gifts!
Praise God!

Blessings,

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back