Good Resources on the Beatitudes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathco

Puritan Board Sophomore
Hi Folks,

I am looking for some recommended resources (sermons, series, books) to further my study and understanding of the Beatitudes. If you've listened to or read anything that stands out as helpful, please share below. Thanks in advance.

Two good places to start:

D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones, Studies in the Sermon on the Mount: One-Volume Edition (Grand Rapids, MI: Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co., 1976).

Thomas Watson, Discourses on Important and Interesting Subjects, Being the Select Works of the Rev. Thomas Watson, 2 vols. (Glasgow: Blackie, Fullarton, & Co., 1829).

Robert Harris, "The Way to True Happiness," published by Soli Deo Gloria in 1998. Jeremiah Burroughs, "The Saints' Happiness," 1867 James Nichols edition reprinted by Soli Deo Gloria in 1987. FYI, a completely retypeset and edited version of this book is planned for release in November of this year by The Northampton Press.

Sinclair Ferguson has an excellent smaller book on the Sermon on the Mount, by that title. Arthur Pink's study on the Beatitudes and the Lord's Prayer is well worth picking up as well, in addition to the fine suggestions made above.

Two good places to start:

D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones, Studies in the Sermon on the Mount: One-Volume Edition (Grand Rapids, MI: Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co., 1976).

Thomas Watson, Discourses on Important and Interesting Subjects, Being the Select Works of the Rev. Thomas Watson, 2 vols. (Glasgow: Blackie, Fullarton, & Co., 1829).

I second this.

I started reading this yesterday - my goodness it's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back