Google Instant For The Bible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaylorOtwell

Puritan Board Junior
I just installed a Google Instant-like Bible search at SwiftBible.com :. Like Google Instant, But For The Bible! ...

The searching capabilities on this thing are really nice and really fast. You can string words together to find verses containing all of those words (e.g. "light life" only returns verses with both words)... You can search references (e.g. John 3:16-18)... You can search exact phrases by using quotation marks around your search phrase...

And, my personal favorite feature, you can limit your search using the "+" sign... searching for "prov 1 + wisdom" will return all occurrences of "wisdom" in Proverbs 1. "John 1-2 + light" will show you all occurences of "light" in John 1-2.

Most searches return in about 150 milliseconds. There is no need to press "enter" to search, the results will update live!

Please spread the word and click the Facebook "like" button if you enjoy using it!

Greetings All,

I have just made the NET Bible a translation choice on SwiftBible.com. Soon I will have it setup where it remembers your choice by default each time you visit the site, Lord willing.

With care in Christ...

Thanks, Taylor! This is a really nice resource...and getting better all the time.

Now how am I going to strengthen my arms??? No more of those 8lb. exhaustive concordances :lol: Thanks for the tip.

Wow! Just tried it out. Once you get a few more translations plugged in to it (ESV, etc.), it'll be even more useful.

Evidently, I'm missing something. When I follow the link I get a page with some info but I can't type anything in anywhere and I don't see anyplca eot do anything. Could it be that I can't use it with Chrome?

Curt, it should work on Chrome... I've used it with Chrome quite a bit. What version of Chrome are you running?

taylor, It's 6.0 - the most up-to-date.

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

OK, I got it. For some reason, the box into which you type the search phrase is very faint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back