Google searches taking up space on Android?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arapahoepark

Puritan Board Professor
Lately, on my phone (after clearing a bunch of images, apps, etc.), Google has been taking a ton of space. At least once a day my phone alerts me that I have low memory. When I check to see what is going after having cleared 2 Gigs of space I find its Google that somehow amassed those extra 2 gbs.
What's up with that? It was never a problem before when I had even less memory. I kid you not when I say I only look up may be half a dozen things from my phone on any given day.

Lately, on my phone (after clearing a bunch of images, apps, etc.), Google has been taking a ton of space. At least once a day my phone alerts me that I have low memory. When I check to see what is going after having cleared 2 Gigs of space I find its Google that somehow amassed those extra 2 gbs.
What's up with that? It was never a problem before when I had even less memory. I kid you not when I say I only look up may be half a dozen things from my phone on any given day.
The biggest memory users on my phone is google books, because I'll read one of those 1gb scanned PDFs they have, and then it will automatically download it to my phone and never delete it without my intervention. Maybe it's something similar.

The biggest memory users on my phone is google books, because I'll read one of those 1gb scanned PDFs they have, and then it will automatically download it to my phone and never delete it without my intervention. Maybe it's something similar.
Mine is evidently "Google Search Storage." I do not know how a dozen searches takes up 2 Gbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back