Gospel Centred (Centered) Youth Work and Ministry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Need 4 Creed

Puritan Board Freshman
Anyone interested in youth ministry?

Book2_Mockup_1.jpg

Gospel Centred Youth Work and Ministry - Kindle edition by John Caldwell. Religion & Spirituality Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

Many approaches to Christian youth work and ministry are shaped by the philosophies of relativism and relevance. This book calls for youth work aims, values and methods which are rooted in the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Two of the most popular approaches to working with young people are Christian youth work and youth ministry. ‘Gospel-Centred Youth Work and Ministry’ is a critique of both approaches and calls for an approach to Christian youth work which is embedded in mission; faithful in presenting the gospel; empowered by the Spirit; and connected to the creeds of the church and the church of the creeds.​

Hi Jack,

Thanks for expressing an interest.

I submitted it to a few publishers, some of made some very positive comments about it. But at the end of the day, the market was not big enough for them to run with it. They were right. But for me, the message was more important than a broad market and high sales.

If you do manage to check it out, I'd be interested to hear what you think. --I see you have written a book for Sunday School teachers with the emphasis of teaching about Jesus.

Yes, and I try to keep up with what others have written. The number of good, easy-to-recommend books on this topic is awfully small. I'm also interested in reading a perspective from your side of the "pond."

Yes, and I try to keep up with what others have written. The number of good, easy-to-recommend books on this topic is awfully small. I'm also interested in reading a perspective from your side of the "pond."

The "pond" issue is of interest, and I'm keen to see the response from US readers.

I focus on two of the main approaches (not the only approaches) within broad evangelicalism and even mainstream churches in the UK. One of these approaches, 'Youth Ministry' is actually very much influenced by the US. The other approach, youth work, is more a product of liberal social-political theories. The latter is perhaps more of a UK issue.

I'll post a couple of the promotional memes I created in order to give you a flavour, this should give you an idea if it is relevant for a US context.

gcym meme.jpg

yw meme.jpg

Well, first copy has been purchased today from the States.

Jack, if it was you, or if it was anyone else on here -- thanks for your purchase, and I pray you find much that bleses and edifies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back