Got my NKJV Cambridge Pitt Minion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

etexas

Puritan Board Doctor
Came yesterday, it weighs about a pound so it is nice for one handed reading....cause hey...you have to have a free hand for coffee! It is VERY well made, much like the ESV, many of us have waited to see a truly well bound edition of the New King Jimmy. I got mine from the UK, Stateside they will be here on Jan 1st. 5 stars my friends! Highly recommended!:book2::book2::book2:

Came yesterday, it weighs about a pound so it is nice for one handed reading....cause hey...you have to have a free hand for coffee! It is VERY well made, much like the ESV, many of us have waited to see a truly well bound edition of the New King Jimmy. I got mine from the UK, Stateside they will be here on Jan 1st. 5 stars my friends! Highly recommended!:book2::book2::book2:

Does it have red-letters?

That is about the only weak-point for me....BUT unlike some red letter that is hard on the eyes.....this is a very dark easy to read red.:2cents:

You have gone over to the dark side...... ;)
RICHARD!:lol:....I have NOT dropped the AV 1611 as my primary Bible! I do think that of all modern versions the NKJV is quite good, one reason I use it is that ,like you I am very familiar with the 1611, so, if I want to make a point to someone not familiar with the AV, I used the NKJV due to the use of the TR in the text and the simplicity of the readings.:2cents:

how is the flexibility on the pitt.
The Pitt is smaller than your Allan ESV, the Pitt Minion is a bit like the first and best "thinline" Bible, the Goatskin is a good quality, that said, it is not flexible like your ESV, HOWEVER since it is Smyth-Sewn and can open flat in the palm of your hand, it really does not need the flexibility of some of the larger Bibles. Grace and Peace.:pilgrim:

Is it available from Cambridge University Press? I need a decent large print NKJV because it is my pulpit bible and the one I have had for a year and a half from Nelson is already falling apart...

Is it available from Cambridge University Press? I need a decent large print NKJV because it is my pulpit bible and the one I have had for a year and a half from Nelson is already falling apart...
Yes, it is a CUP edition, the first NKJV they have ever done. I purchased mine through my friends in Glasgow Scotland at Allan and Son's, it is great to see a high quality edition of this Bible....finally!:book2:

Last edited:
Holman Bibles aren't bad, I had a LP and found it a good Bible for the price.

Jonathan,

You might check this one out: NKJV Ultra Thin Large Print Reference Bible, Genuine leather, Black, by Holman. The print is large, 9-10 pt, and the pages not too thin. The price at $35 isn't bad.

Looks good, but I think if I want to get a new one I am going to do it properly, and CUP I have a soft spot for. Did you know there is a lady who works there and her whole job is sticking the reference tabs on the bibles which have thumb references? I know this because I had a tour there a few years back...

Jonathan,

You might check this one out: NKJV Ultra Thin Large Print Reference Bible, Genuine leather, Black, by Holman. The print is large, 9-10 pt, and the pages not too thin. The price at $35 isn't bad.

Looks good, but I think if I want to get a new one I am going to do it properly, and CUP I have a soft spot for. Did you know there is a lady who works there and her whole job is sticking the reference tabs on the bibles which have thumb references? I know this because I had a tour there a few years back...
If you want a quality NKJV, then CUP is the only way to go.

The only NKJV I can ever recall seeing that does not have red letters is the MacArthur Study Bible.

I think the NASB Pitt Minion has red letters too.

The only NKJV I can ever recall seeing that does not have red letters is the MacArthur Study Bible.

I think the NASB Pitt Minion has red letters too.

My Nelson NKJV does not have red letters. :2cents:

Jonathan,

If you want a quality NKJV, then CUP is the only way to go.

That's probably about right, especially if what is in view is a thinline or reference edition. The leather is very nice on Nelson's Signature Series but the paper seems no better than what is in their cheaper editions.

My Nelson NKJV does not have red letters. :2cents:

How old is it, and what edition?

1994 Pew Library Edition.

Ah, I didn't think of pew editions since I probably wouldn't consider buying one. But pew editions generally will be black letter. I'll revise my remarks to say that pew editions and the MacArthur Study Bible are the only "black letter" editions I've ever seen. Of course I haven't seen them all, but I don't know of any others that are being published today.

I saw my old thread here resurface, I would like to say that the Pitt Minion is the BEST NKJV edition I have seen, after I have handled it some now I like it even more! Nifty little Bible!:applause:

That is about the only weak-point for me....BUT unlike some red letter that is hard on the eyes.....this is a very dark easy to read red.:2cents:

That's good to know. Nelson unfortunately is probably the worst culprit among the major publishers for often having dull red letters that are hard on the eyes.

Dimensions are 4.75 x 6.875? That isn't really much larger than a pocket Bible, is it? :think: It'd be nice to have a really good quality Bible like that, but not if it kills my eye-balls. :duh:

Dimensions are 4.75 x 6.875? That isn't really much larger than a pocket Bible, is it? :think:
The Pitt is small! BUT it is the Mercedes of small Bibles! I am pushing 40 and last night late I read Galatians "cover to cover", the print and font style of the Pitt Minion is that the Words "leap" off the page. I don't know what the magic is but for me I get this only from CUP Pitt Minions!:up::up:

RICHARD!:lol:....I have NOT dropped the AV 1611 as my primary Bible! I do think that of all modern versions the NKJV is quite good, one reason I use it is that ,like you I am very familiar with the 1611, so, if I want to make a point to someone not familiar with the AV, I used the NKJV due to the use of the TR in the text and the simplicity of the readings.:2cents:
not all of us prefer the TR ;)

not all of us prefer the TR ;)
Of course not! I mean us good ones!;):lol:;)

Dimensions are 4.75 x 6.875? That isn't really much larger than a pocket Bible, is it? :think:
The Pitt is small! BUT it is the Mercedes of small Bibles! I am pushing 40 and last night late I read Galatians "cover to cover", the print and font style of the Pitt Minion is that the Words "leap" off the page. I don't know what the magic is but for me I get this only from CUP Pitt Minions!:up::up:
Does it retain the translation footnotes in the NT, marking Majority and Nestle variations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back