Gothic Christians?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. I definitley agree that goths dress to shock. But don't be shocked, then they can't call us judgmental...

Yeah, don't be shocked. I'm sure there are other looks that could shock more than goth anyways. Just be their friend and let them know you have convictions that you will stand on.

Oh, I absolutely agree! But that is totally different than discussing the philosophy of "being" a "Christian Goth"...KWIM?

Ian, at the end of the day, only you can answer that question. But you MUST be accountable to scripture. Read scripture with a humble expectancy and a heart to serve and surrender to it's authority and then answer that question. Start with Phillipians 4:8 -

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things." Phil. 4:8

Let me add that Romans 14:5 tells us to be fully convinced in our minds about our convictions. If you have doubts about your fascination with goth then set it aside while you seek the Lord's counsel.

My own humble opinion is that your fascination comes from just being young and inexperienced and perhaps a draw to the youthful rebellion that is certainly a large part of goth. As for me, I've seen too much of the dark influences and have experienced the destruction that lies behind the spirit of such things. As for me and my house, we'll have nothing to do with these influences. Blessings young friend. :handshake:

[Edited on 4-30-2006 by BobVigneault]

What translation are you using 'other Bob'.? Just kidding. I just got up and it's an hour earlier than it is in Conn. :bigsmile:

Thanks for catching that brother.

Bob is right here.

However Bob, thinking on things that are true, etc. could be applicable to the goth thing. If they are all about death, well, we're all going to die.

Originally posted by BaptistCanuk
However Bob, thinking on things that are true, etc. could be applicable to the goth thing. If they are all about death, well, we're all going to die.

1 Thes 4:13 But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. 14 For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep.

Eph 15:51 Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. 53 For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality. 54 When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written:

"œDeath is swallowed up in victory."
55 "œO death, where is your victory?
O death, where is your sting?"

56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

58 Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.
:amen:

Bob, I appreciate your advice, but I'm not fascinated by goths, nor am I leaning toward that lifestyle(though 2 o'clock in the morning is a great time to be outside, and a full moon glinting off of gravestones is kinda cool). I only ask because I want to know if these people are truly Christians.

and...if he doesn't mind my adding...Ian has a huge zealous heart for reaching out to others...so I think part of this might be trying to understand where, how to fit this...and how to respond to this without being drastic. He's the same age as most of these kids that are involved in this culture, therefore giving him an opening in that area...thus perhaps his questions from an outreach perspective.

Thank you for your gracious response Ian. I'm sorry to have made the unfortunate assumption to you were attracted to the culture and not the lost. God bless you in your willingness to be used by God to seek His children that still walk in darkness.

As I said before, I've seen so much destruction related to the dark forces. The children of Israel were told not to touch any dead thing because the dead thing would make the living unclean. It never worked the other way. That has been my experience. If we get too friendly with evil, we run the risk of being sucked in. At the same time we are called to be the light of the world. My fatherly instinct just wants you to be so very cautious Ian. I will pray for your guidance and your ministry. I am very glad you are a contributor here on the board. Blessings to you.

Thank you Bob. It is true I am extremely burdened for those type of people,(which is why I'm at Exwitch), and I thank you for your prayers. Blessings to you.:bigsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back