"Grace Enough" (On the 1 Cor 7 issue)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyFlynt

Puritan Board Doctor
\"Grace Enough\" (On the 1 Cor 7 issue)

I copied and pasted this explanation as it is a book rarely to be found on the internet (I corrected a couple of mistakes in it though). I read it years ago and I admire this woman and her family. BTW, I love their store...good specialty materials not found many places.

It was written by a family member of a woman about her life. She married a man and had children, and then he left her and the faith and actually moved in with another woman. He served her with divorce papers a number of times, but she kept refusing to sign them and she contested it every time, since it is against their religion (mennonite). She struggled to provide for her family, and with the help of extended family ended up starting a store (Good's Variety Store, which is still around). She wasn't able to remarry to have a husband to support her, because she was not willing to get a divorce. (I want to add here that he would come home once in a while when he was drunk or going through a rough time. They had more children from these times.)

After years and years of this, her husband (who ended up having a children with his girlfriend and telling people that they were married--even attending church (not a mennonite church) as husband and wife, got very sick and was on his deathbed. His wife went to see him, and he ended up asking forgiveness for his sins and asked Christ to forgive and save him! He passed away, and she was able to remarry.

[Edited on 9-27-2005 by LadyFlynt]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back