Grace for Stuttgart - Good News and Needed Prayer for a continuing PCA Plant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant

Puritan Board Graduate
Dear Brothers and Sisters,

I hope your spirit has been refreshed with the true living water and the bread of life this Lord's Day. This morning we had a guest PCA Pastor come and present his next call to our congregation during the sabbath school hour. The Pastor was Nick Bullock. Nick just accepted a call to be the Pastor of a PCA Church plant in Stuttgart, Germany. He and his wife Elise and his two little boys Haddon & Benjamin hope to move in December of 2019.

Why am I posting this? Well I found the announcement encouraging and to be a worthy cause considering the religious condition of Germany. Further this is an opportunity to support Nick and his family by at least praying for the situation. I will not waste words on the details because they are attached. If you would like to support this family or church beyond prayer, see additional ways to support in the attachment.

If you have any questions let me know.:detective:

P.S. I will add that I have had the pleasure to hang out with Nick outside of church and to sit under his preaching. First impression was that Nick is a gifted preacher and is passionate about seeing the church faithfully ministered to in word and sacrament. He is also passionate and excited to bring the power of the gospel to a dark land. In others words, any support for Nick will be well spent.

Attachments

• graceforstuttgartword.pdf
    85.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Having been stationed in Stuttgart as my final duty station, I'm familiar with the current pastor there... a tough thing about being a pastor in Germany is that after a few years (I think 5) you have to leave or "go native" and pay into the German retirement system, etc. Hoping for a good stint in Stuttgart!

Having been stationed in Stuttgart as my final duty station, I'm familiar with the current pastor there... a tough thing about being a pastor in Germany is that after a few years (I think 5) you have to leave or "go native" and pay into the German retirement system, etc. Hoping for a good stint in Stuttgart!
Good info. My understanding is they are going to try and look for other work that would allow them, from a government standpoint, to stay longer. I hope your new call has been going well too.

Good info. My understanding is they are going to try and look for other work that would allow them, from a government standpoint, to stay longer. I hope your new call has been going well too.
Yeah, if either Nick or his wife can get a part time job (at least 20 hrs per week) on the base (there’s a handful in Stuttgart), they’ll be covered by the SOFA and will be able to pretty much live as Americans - including paying American prices for gas to Esso stations.

My recollection is that when the folks in Alabama started the Germany project, they were targeting American military there, rather than the German populace. Has that changed?

Currently the congregation is multi-cultured. I think a breakdown is given in the attachment. They have Americans, Germans, and others.

From the article:

"Among those who attend are approximately 55% American Military Families, 10% International Expats (UK, New Zealand, China, Korea), and 35% National Germans."

P.S. I am not sure if services are currently translated, but I do know Nick has plans to do such as a method of outreach towards Germans. If you know of any saints that may wish to support Nick and his family in any way, please share the document attached in the OP.:detective:

Last edited:
Interesting.
Do you know if they let foreign workers homeschool? I know they don’t allow their own citizenry.

Interesting.
Do you know if they let foreign workers homeschool? I know they don’t allow their own citizenry.
No, not without SOFA protection - which can only be had if one or both of them works for the US Government. Their kids will be enrolled in either the German public schools or a paid private school... but no homeschooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back